Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2005 5:32:16 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with Bobcat Weapons? Are they any good? Reliable? I was thinking about buying a SBR version of the BW89, but just wanted some opinions on Bobcats. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh hell. Here we go.

Bobcat  Weapons has a long history.

It used to be Speshul Weapons. Many have them. Some are ok. Most are bad.
Quality is spotty at best. I do not nor have I ever owned one, but this topic comes up alot.

Fasten your seat belt, it could get ugly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Speshul Weaspons Blah Blah Blah......

The Bobcat BW89 is the only clone on the market right now that is close to the HK SP89. The HK SP89 right now sells for just over $3200. The BW89 is $1475, which is still spendy.

The Bw89 is still spendy and is not as good as a HK (of course) but it is the only thing right now. ORF will have a SP89 look a like soon and Vector Arms is going to have a .40 and 10mm SP89.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input guys. Still don't know if I'm going to purchase...
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#4]
i would not unless i could try before i buy.
to the tune of several hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i would not unless i could try before i buy.
to the tune of several hundred rounds.

Are they that bad?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Like I posted earlier, I have never owned one, but every time someone posts about them or any MP5 clones , I always read the thread because I want one .....BAD.

The thing is, there are a few people that have them and say they have never had a problem with it.
Several guys here swear by them and say they are 100% reliable. Other guys say that you are
lucky to get 3 rounds off before it jams. I have had money in hand several times to buy one, but
always end up buying something else because with these clones it is hit or miss. I work too
hard for my money to take a chance on buying crap.

Caveat Emptor.  

Try to fire one before you buy if at all possible.  And if you do, please report back.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top