Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 2:29:31 PM EDT

I'm considering taking my Sistema (seen in the pic thread), sending it off to Novak for sights...and then bringing it to a local guy who does hot blueing, and having it totally stripped and blued, to the Colt pre-war deep polished blue. Always loved that blue...it just looks beautiful.

The Sistema  is a grade 2 one from the seller; not in the best of shape cosmetically (some pits, etc), so I'm not horribly concerned about ruining any collector value.

Can anyone think of a reason I SHOULDN'T get it stripped and blued, totally? Other than sweat/water wreaking havoc on it if I don't keep it oiled up...

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I'd say go for it.  But I think a bead blast would end up looking better than a high polish on a gun that's got some pits and flaws.  The rollmarks on my Sistema were pretty light already and I didn't want to risk making them any fainter with a high polish finish.  To me, half-buffed out rollmarks look like hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top