Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2017 10:43:53 AM EDT
So I went to the local blue label dealer June 17th to pick up a Glock 19. I was told there would be a 6-8 week wait which was fine. I called at the end of July and was told it would be another week or 2 since they get their shipments the first or second week of the month. Now sitting here today I'm finally starting to get impatient. Is this considered a standard wait time now days?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Not every Blue Label dealer is a stocking dealer - they can order it but they have to wait for them to become available from other stocking dealers and suppliers before they have them shipped to the FFL.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah sometimes they just run out of product.  It happens

Worst case scenario, just buy a regular red label
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. I think ill give it another week then see where I go front there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Just order one through GT Distributing and have it sent to a dealer of your choice.  That's what I do, and you will have it in about a week.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Try Vance's in Columbus.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try Vance's in Columbus.
View Quote
That.

I've had zero wait on all my Blue Label guns through Vance's.  Last one I called to ask about availability and they got the one I wanted off the shelf and did almost everything over the phone shy of credential confirmation.
And their Blue Label price beats the local 'stocking' dealer by over 100$ on the gun.... local Blue Label shops pricing is only about 20$ cheaper than Red Label.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a blue label G19 a month ago and they had them in stock.

Where are you located?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought a blue label G19 a month ago and they had them in stock.

Where are you located?
View Quote
Located in Cleveland. I've never heard of Vance's. Definitely going to look into that!
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That.

I've had zero wait on all my Blue Label guns through Vance's.  Last one I called to ask about availability and they got the one I wanted off the shelf and did almost everything over the phone shy of credential confirmation.
And their Blue Label price beats the local 'stocking' dealer by over 100$ on the gun.... local Blue Label shops pricing is only about 20$ cheaper than Red Label.
View Quote
What did Vance's charge to ship it to your ffl?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What did Vance's charge to ship it to your ffl?
View Quote
I'd have to dig for the email, but it wasn't to bad... 20-25$.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok thanks. I'll call them tomorrow. GT Dist is only $15, but they can't sell to me because of regional limits. My Blue Label dealer adds $25 to Glock's pricing which ticks me off.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok thanks. I'll call them tomorrow. GT Dist is only $15, but they can't sell to me because of regional limits. My Blue Label dealer adds $25 to Glock's pricing which ticks me off.
View Quote
There are 2 levels of Blue label dealers.  My closest dealer is not a direct, and its $425 for a Glock 9, 357, or 40.  If I drive about 30 miles to a direct dealer, its $398.20.  May not be his fault.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There are 2 levels of Blue label dealers.  My closest dealer is not a direct, and its $425 for a Glock 9, 357, or 40.  If I drive about 30 miles to a direct dealer, its $398.20.  May not be his fault.
View Quote
Consider yourself lucky... shop nearest me is a 'blue label dealer', but not the higher level distributor (GT, Vances, Streichers, etc...) and the local shop had blue label guns for the low low price of 470$... red label on the shelf at $499.
Last time I ever walk through their doors for anything.  Shops further out are better anyhow.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Consider yourself lucky... shop nearest me is a 'blue label dealer', but not the higher level distributor (GT, Vances, Streichers, etc...) and the local shop had blue label guns for the low low price of 470$... red label on the shelf at $499.
Last time I ever walk through their doors for anything.  Shops further out are better anyhow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct- the dealer that was 399.00 is about 45 minutes away; they must have poo poo'ed on Glock somehow, because they are now $425 Blue Label dealers, like the guy down the road... I have  large regional police supply store just across the river, about 20 minutes away in Indiana, and they are $399, but their staff simply will not answer a phone call or email, like, EVER, and they pad their shipping cost, so there's no cost savings when it's all said and done.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch... that's not the 45's or 10mm's I guess?  I can't remember exactly but they are a bit higher.  Want to say my G20 on Blue label was around $450-460.  I know the highest level will lose their distributorship if they get caught selling for more than Glock prices.  One here in Greensboro lost theirs and it caused a huge ruckus.  I have no idea if this applies to regular Blue label dealers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ouch... that's not the 45's or 10mm's I guess?  I can't remember exactly but they are a bit higher.  Want to say my G20 on Blue label was around $450-460.  I know the highest level will lose their distributorship if they get caught selling for more than Glock prices.  One here in Greensboro lost theirs and it caused a huge ruckus.  I have no idea if this applies to regular Blue label dealers.
View Quote
Lol... I asked about a G29 and was quoted $600 flat... and a 12 - 18 month wait.  The quoted the same $600 for any of the MOS lineup, with a similar wait time.  
After five minutes in that store, I walked out... googled up the 'higher level' distributor for my region and called.  They pulled one off the shelf and asked me to email my creds.  Had shipping info to a different local FFL within a few hours.

I've already emailed the blue label guys at Glock to advise them what this local shop is doing with their program.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top