Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 6:03:08 PM EDT
I'm looking for an IWB 1911 holster, both of these companies look about the same to me, any recommendations?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Blade Tech, my experience w/ Sidearmor's IWB's has been less than stellar.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The 4th Gen Modular IWB from SA, was uncomfortable, it bunched up my pants and I could never get it adjusted properly where it would stay.  The Chicago screws regularly backed themselves out and were lost, and SA themselves say noy to use thread locker on them.  All in all just a very unpleasant experience for me.  The only gripe I have with BT IWB's are the rubber belt loops, the holes eventually elongateand the screws pop out.  They are not too bulky, actually being less bulky than my VMII, though not as comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:55:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Blade Tech, my experience w/ Sidearmor's IWB's has been less than stellar.

Thanks, glad I ask
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on Blade Tech
I've carried my G30 for 5 years in a BT IWB w/o a single hiccup.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Regarding Blade-Tech, I bought a mag pouch from them, after hearing so many wonderful things about them. Unfortunately, it is a piece of crap. I've had it for less than three months, and its broken.  I don't know about their IWB holsters, but if the mag pouch is any indication of the quality of their goods, steer clear.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Regarding Blade-Tech, I bought a mag pouch from them, after hearing so many wonderful things about them. Unfortunately, it is a piece of crap. I've had it for less than three months, and its broken.  I don't know about their IWB holsters, but if the mag pouch is any indication of the quality of their goods, steer clear.

How did it break?  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#9]
It is/was a quad mag pouch, and within two weeks, it had lost all tension on the mags, and then seperated front from back.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you look at Comp-tac?  I just got one, and it looks really nice.  (Haven't carried with it yet. )   Took less then a week to get it, which was really nice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the bladetech IWB for the USP w/ UTL. It actually conceals pretty well and is fairly comfortable
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:28:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I carry a G23 in a Blade Tech IWB rig and have had zero problems. Mine is over six years old and the only thing that has worn was the rubber belt straps. I had a Sidearmor IWB but sold it with a Glock as I did not like it nearly as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I've also had bad results with SA that I choose not to talk about but I will praise Comp-tac. I have owned a Ghurka for just about every handgun I've carried concealed, they're very concealable. I received them within 4 days of ordering and their customer service is superb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top