Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 4:34:39 PM EDT
Does anyone here use one? If so can you tell me the difference between the FBI cant and the others. I am looking to purchase one for work with the Surefire X200 mounted! Can you tell me anything about the tech lok?
Thanks folks,
Sean
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Blade Tech is awesome, if you care to afford them. IIRC the kydex holsters can be straight draw or FBI cant. Tech Locks are excellent. I ordered several extra and use them on other pieces of equipment.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I read some where that the tech lok puts the holster way out on your belt, is it that noticeable?
Thanks
Sean
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The FBI cant just angles the top of the holster forward as opposed to straight up and down.  It is available as an option on most of their holsters I believe.  I have used one of their off-set holster for 5-6 years for USPSA matches.  Excellent quality.  

I did order one for a Kahr MK-9 that they took forever to build and ship but they charged me for it right away.  When I called they said all their holsters are custom built so they charge up front rather than when they ship.  That pissed me off a little bit because they had their money about 45 days before I had my holster.

Paraord16
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:41:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have bought 3 blade tech IWB's  adjustable(straight/FBI cant)with rubber loops. And it is standard for them to charge you up front on the card and they will tell you that, and the build time on that same phone call. For what I get it takes 3 weeks build time and I have been extremely happy with the holster that I received each time. They do build each one by hand just for the order you call in( in other words it was made just for you) I have not used their other designs yet. But every time I get a new pistol, I now call blade-tech for a carry holster.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:58:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I read some where that the tech lok puts the holster way out on your belt, is it that noticeable?
Thanks
Sean

The TechLock is about 3/8 - 1/2 thick overall (guestimate). But the belt fits between the two parts so it sticks out about half that thickness. I really don't think it sticks out that much more than a paddle holster, but a little more than a belt slide like an Uncle Mike's kydex. The glory of it is that you can get it off without taking off the belt. If the belt issue is not a problem, then Uncle Mike's kydex is WAY cheaper.

If you're looking for CCW rig, I would recommend a Milt Sparks VersaMax II, particularly if you plan to practice with it. I use a Milt Sparks Watch Six for daily carry, but it is not designed to do rep after rep of practice. And finally for good measure, I do have the injection molded Blade Tech IWB holster. Its is very secure, but like the Milt Sparks Summer Special and SS-2, for an IWB it is relatively bulky -- thickness of gun + thickness of holster + straps around belt.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top