Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2004 8:32:29 AM EDT
Has anyone tried the new Blackhawk holsters, either the carbonfiber with the SEPRA lock system or the new leather?  Does the SEPRA system actually work the way they are described?
Link Posted: 7/2/2004 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Has no one used any of these holsters.  Someone has got to have some opinion on these at the very least.
Link Posted: 7/2/2004 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Blackhawk is on the just say no list due to the fact their products now come from Vietnam. Before that it was South Korea.
Link Posted: 7/2/2004 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Someone has got to have some opinion on these at the very least.

I thought they were very expensive when they sent me the catalog in the mail.
Link Posted: 7/3/2004 1:00:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the BH Omega VI for the USP 40 with UTL.  I would say look to other manufacturers, I like the offerings from Eagle and SOE.  The only reason I puchased the unit is that is was the only drop leg in stock that would fit my firearm.   I will be looking to invest in another shortly.  The "velcro everywhere" system is not for me, nor is the crappy thumb break (either too sensative or too stiff).  My friend had an Eagle SAS Airborne for his P225 that was the same style, but of much better quality and fit/finish.

Pretty much goes the same for comparing the two companys Tac Vests as well.

My 0.02.

-Redfoot
Link Posted: 7/3/2004 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have the BH Omega VI for the USP 40 with UTL.  I would say look to other manufacturers, I like the offerings from Eagle and SOE.  The only reason I puchased the unit is that is was the only drop leg in stock that would fit my firearm.   I will be looking to invest in another shortly.  The "velcro everywhere" system is not for me, nor is the crappy thumb break (either too sensative or too stiff).  My friend had an Eagle SAS Airborne for his P225 that was the same style, but of much better quality and fit/finish.

Pretty much goes the same for comparing the two companys Tac Vests as well.

My 0.02.

-Redfoot

I have a CQB Solutions drop rig I am considering the new offerings, the leather and the carbon fiber w/the SEPRA lock.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I received my Blakhawk CQC leather holster.  I think that it is the best quality leather I have seen on a holster.  It offers a tension screw instead of a thumb break.  The stiching seems to be top notch.  Over all I have absolutely no complaints about the quality of the holster.  It is deffinately worth the wait since I ordered it back in July.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I did a little write up on the new CQC last week.  I will have a follow up posted soon as the holster performed well at a class last Friday.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I like Blackhawk and I don't give a damn that some union guy lost his job because they are made overseas.

eta- two holsters, sling, mag pouch'es, gloves.   All Blackhawk and I love them all.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I have played with the new lock system on a couple of protos and it worked fine.  If you need some retention that might be the way to go.  I am still using a comptac holster for waist carry though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top