Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2010 4:16:47 PM EDT
I used Sheath for years on blued, matte, and phosphate finishes.  Worked great in SE TX heat/humidity on duty weapons.  Now the only thing for this purpose (with fingerprint remover) on their site is "Barricade," which is described as essentially the same product.  Looks like Sheath is only offered as an industrial product/in large quantities.  Anyone used Barricade?
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]

I recall reading something some time ago about how it's basically the same stuff.

Anyway, you might consider posting this question in the Maintenance and Cleaning forum.

Link Posted: 2/23/2010 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeez, thought i did.   doh.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I typically use 3 lubes:

CLP
Kroil
Rusteproof

Between the 3, they've fit every need for me. I never was that fond of Birchwood Casey stuff... always seems overpriced to me. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Sheath and Barricade smell the same in my opinion....Barricade seems to work the same also.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya. sheath is kinda distinctive.  Thats what I wanted know, thanks.  BTW, I looked at Birchwood-Casey's synthetic gun lube specs and compared them to Mobil 1 10W-30,  Mobil 1 looks to have a higher flash point than Birchwood -Casey's product, and its cheaper by volume....FYI
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone used Barricade?

We put a hunting rifle into storage by spraying it with Barricade and sealing it into a Brownell's 'long term' storage bag.  It was then placed into a box which was kept in a non-climate controlled area.  We opened it up three years later and there were no signs of corrosion anywhere on the rifle.

I read somewhere that Barricade is simply the new name for Sheath.  More catchy marketing I supposed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 5:25:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I read somewhere that Barricade is simply the new name for Sheath.  More catchy marketing I supposed.

This is correct. It is simply a rebranded name. The contents are supposedly identical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top