Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 12:25:35 PM EDT
Few weeks ago we were discussing about proper grip.
I found this very interesting
Grip
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
cool!

i fixed a few problems i had.

maybe post in handgun discussion? or do you want to give beretta guys a leg up in IDPA comp?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice video, thanks for posting it. I didn't find anything on my grip as I've have been working on correcting alot of those problems a while ago, but it's a nice video and I was happy to see him reinforce some of the things I had corrected to. Damn is he fast though, but I feel sorry for guy still.....................................................did you notice how he had to reload, where as a 92FS would have still been on the first maghose

Just playin of course, don't want to get any 1911 lovers panties in a bunch.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice video, I gotta get my brother to watch it so he can understand what I've been telling him.  The only thing I do differently is my right thumb is not on top of the frame like that becasue it was holding the  slide lock mechanism down and not letting lock open.  Some of you probably remember that and some of you had the same problem I did. Otherwise, I try and do it pretty much the same way he showed.  Thanks to Photoman, and he learned it from Defensive Edge, Sully.  And I'll second that it gives more control over any other grip I ever used. (I'm not trying to say I shoot anywhere as good as that guy, just that using those techniques helped me alot)

And yes, isn't it great having all those cartridges in the mag in the Beretta?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
actually, after watching that video and remembering what a few others said,  I went to the range and tried a different grip than I had been.  What I was saying before was my right thumb was high but resting down on the slide stop mechanism.  Well dumby me, all I had to do was point my right thumb more vertical, so that it's touching the safety decocker and leave it up there.  Problem solved with a better grip than I had been using to avoid keeping my thumb on the slide stop mech. And the little indent in the grip is perfect for it.  I guess that's how it was designed to be used.  Duh.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top