Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 1:10:31 PM EDT
I'm curious to hear from people who have any experience with .22 cal Beretta 92s (specifically your thoughts on reliability, accuracy at 25 yards, and its overall fun factor).

I'd also like to know if there are other (better) models than the Ceiner kit.

For a while, I was researching similar kits for 1911s, but I think my interests are turning towards the 92 because it's less old-fashioned / classic looking (no offense to die-hard fans of America's tried and true .45, of course).
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Certainly it's your choice on how you spend your $$$, but I would much prefer the option of buying a complete .22 gun versus a conversion kit. I personally see no real advantage or benefit of these conversions? The recoil is certainly not the same, mags are certainly different, so where's the benefit to "practicing" with a conversion kit?

No slam intended, I just don't get the appeal of these kits.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Ciener conversion.  It fits well and shoots well.  As far as the usefullness of this accessory.  Well its a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot .22s and it is just generally FUN!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Do any of these kits hold the bolt open after the final shot?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:05:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do any of these kits hold the bolt open after the final shot?

Some do, some don't. Some are steel, some are aluminum so some will gall the frame, some won't. Clearly, homework & research can help you on brand choice, IMO.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Beretta made version and it does have the slide lock feature.  It has an aluminum slide and a steel barrel.  It comes with an adjustable rear sight but mine shoots high even with the sight all the way down at 15 yards....it maybe right on for 25 yards though.  I have not had any reliability issues at all.  I like mine but do not shoot it much nowadays.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a ceiner before I noticed it did not have a decocker. Hard to practice ready position and draw when you have to trigger decock all the time.

I now have a beretta made kit, very nice. I would highly suggest it. I plan on putting a fixed sight on it to replicate the 9mm version.

Why not practice with the same grip, trigger pull, and sights that you would use in real life? Plus the ready and draw stroke remain the same regardless of recoil. As far as magazines, they are very similiar and reloads remain the same for all practical purposes, though IMO reloading is the least most important weapons skill.

I also have a Ceiner kit for a 1911, I think I'd get a Kimber if I did it again.
I have a Advantage Arms kit for a G19, it is very nice.
I have a DPMS M4 upper, it also is very nice.

Now waiting on the AWC suppressor then I have to get all the barrels done on my kits.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Beretta kit.  So far it has been 100% reliable.  As a matter of fact, I bought another Beretta to make it to where I have a dedicated .22 92 to go along with the 9mm.

Woody
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top