Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2009 2:38:20 PM EDT
What do I need to look for?  Is front pocket bettter than rear?  Give me your opinions please.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What do I need to look for?  Is front pocket bettter than rear?  Give me your opinions please.

is this a back up weapon?

I do carry a S&W AW in my front pocket sometimes
Better yet coat pocket

that way I can have my handgun ready to fire
No go for auto
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Hands down the best leather pocket holsters I've ever seen have been the ones made by Graham Leather.  

http://www.grahamholsters.com/pocketholsters.htm

I've got the Zulu and the Back Pocket models and they're both outstanding.

There seems to be some problems getting a hold of this company.  That's too bad b/c I've yet to find any pocket holsters that compare in quality to these.

Check out these guys...

http://www.leatherandstuff.net/index.htm

http://mecopocketholsters.com/photo.htm
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:26:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually carry a Glock 27.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:52:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Get one like this:

The flat piece of leather you see behind the gun actually points to the outside of the pocket.  This completely masks the gun's shape, and presents a rather flat bulge in the pocket.  To rephrase, the gun handle is towards YOU, and the flat leather in the back is towards the outside world...so this image is of a right handed carry...it goes in your right pocket exactly as you see it here with magazine pointed to the rear.  To draw, you slide your hand between the leather and the grip.   I have wanted one like this for some time now, but never got around to getting one.  My current holster is a simple pocket holster...

I have seen a few manufacturers who make them in this style, but the one I liked the most never replied to my email.  Thus, I cannot really recommend any particular maker as I have no direct experience.  Some even make this style with removable leather incase you want something a little lighter.  The leather concealment panel snaps on or off.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually carry a Glock 27.

Call Milt Sparks see if they can make ya one

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I use an Unkle Mikes number 1. Works well. Inexpensive.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry an NAA .32, pretty much the same package in terms of bulk but maybe a bit heavier.   I have two pocket holsters for the thing, one an Aker sharkskin piece thats really well done.........but pricey!...........The other, a DeSantis that cost all of 17 bucks from Dillon................of the two, the DeStantis is hands down the better carry device.......it stays in your pocket on drawing the gun.....its light and totally without the bulk that every single leather version I have ever seen has.  Forgot to mention that it also has the advantage of keeping your gun in precisely the position you placed it in..........the Aker does not.......bluntly put, if you need it you don't need to be fumbling trying to get a usable grip!

Tried the rear pocket carry, but everytime I'd need my wallet, guess what!..........Found that for that mode my right front is the place and that superlite holster makes it really easy!
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#8]
P32 in a Desantis Nemesis, left rear pocket.  The only issue is that sometimes the mag release gets pushed, but I always feel it and just push the mag back in.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I carry my LCP in a Desantis Nemisis and am very happy with it. It breaks up the outline and the rubber outer material helps keep the holster in the pocket when drawing.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 2:50:50 AM EDT
[#10]
P3AT in Desantis Nemesis, front pocket carry.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:35:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Kahr PM9 in a Desantis Nemesis front pocket carry. Breaks up the outline pretty well and is rather easy to draw as long as your pockets are big enough (tight jeans make this a little complicated but if you practice you will get tha hang of it)
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I use an Unkle Mikes #3 pocket holster for my P-3AT.  It is bigger than what they recommend but it works perfectly for me.  I've got a Nemesis also but it stays in the holster box.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
P3AT in Desantis Nemesis, front pocket carry.

Same here.  The Nemesis does everything you want a pocket holster to do:

Disguise the outline of the gun
Cover the trigger guard
Stay in you pocket during the draw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top