Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 8:45:11 PM EDT
I'm in the market for night sights, several companies make them for the XD. What do you guys, who have experience with them on XD's, recommend and why? Trijicon was initially my first choice, due to their known reputation and them having been around for a while. But, I noticed several other companies have jumped in the game now also, and some at a cheaper price.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I think anything that will fit on Sig pistols will fit the XD's.

Maybe, if you don't get any other responses, you could ask over in their forum because I sure don't know.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I will, I am sure during the day I'll get more replies. Not many of us nightowls around, damn midnight shifts.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#3]
tagged....i'm curious as well
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
My understanding is not all Sig sights fit, I believe the 226 sights fit.

If you are looking for sights go here: www.xd-hs2000.com/sights.html

James will install them for you, if you ship him the slide and return postage. Getting the sights out can be a Bit@h, from what I've read. Contact James he is a good dude.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I will, I am sure during the day I'll get more replies. Not many of us nightowls around, damn midnight shifts.

Hehe, I'll be darned. I didn't quite realize how late it was when I was typing that

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hehe, I'll be darned. I didn't quite realize how late it was when I was typing that

WIZZO

Yeah that tends to happens, I lost track of time all the time. Almost like time stops when you work midnights I swear it has too, you look at the clock and it says 0145 then what seem like 2 hours later and its only 0200.

I will contact the James fellow, I tried changing sights myself one time, never again.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:58:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm in the market for night sights, several companies make them for the XD. What do you guys, who have experience with them on XD's, recommend and why? Trijicon was initially my first choice, due to their known reputation and them having been around for a while. But, I noticed several other companies have jumped in the game now also, and some at a cheaper price.

I have installed XS SightSystem's 24/7 Big Dot Tritium night sights on 4 of my handguns.
XS Sight's 24/7 Big Dot Tritium Night Sights (scroll down)
I can't give you a tatical reason why I like them.
I just like the simple design. 1 big dot, 1 line.
They just fits my shooting style very well. (fwiw)
Hope this helps (ymmv)
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I like Meprolights. The ones for the Sig 226 will work.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone ever use the Ameriglo sights? I like the ghost ring, of course for quick target aquisition I'm not sure how well they would work. But I can get a discount through my department on Ameriglo(I'm civilian but they said I could still use it). They also have the standard threedot also. Any of you have experience with them?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I have seen ghost rings they are good for 15 yards or so.Do not waste money on PT night sight they are cheap I bought two sets and both capsules broke with in a month.
I have a set of TFO's wich are awsome .They are fiber optic in the day and also have trinuim capsules for night .VERY bright always.They build them for the XD and the fittment is better but yes sig sight will work
Look here also Pistol-Gear
But I would probaly send my slide to ajames the front is a bitch to get off
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5746/alltfo2jh.jpg
Here are some pics
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5359/opensight2gr.jpg
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I am not advertising, but you can send me a PM if you would like.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#12]
any company have them with red rear and green front?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Maniac,

I did a lot of digging for information on the XD forum before getting night sights installed on my XD. I ended up going through ajamesp51 for a set of meprolights, installed. The price was great, communication was better than excellent and the turn around time was outstanding. I can recommend both the meps and ajames without any reservation.
<----------
As you can see, his service left me dancing with glee.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My meprolights have a green front and orange rear sight. Best combo possible IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I have Trijicons on my XD 40 Tactical and I love 'em.

Made shooting critters in the dark a breeze.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Tfo's are avilable in green front yellow rears
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top