Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2017 3:54:24 AM EDT
I swore I would never modify a Glock frame, but was looking through the EE and came across this Glock for sale that has a modified frame, the nicest looking frame mod I have ever seen.  I am calling them Monday, want my 17 to look like this.  

Hammer Gun Works, owner Wayne Hammer.  Any feedback on this company?

Attachment Attached File

Thanks,

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:42:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I swore I would never modify a Glock frame, but was looking through the EE and came across this Glock for sale that has a modified frame, the nicest looking frame mod I have ever seen.  I am calling them Monday, want my 17 to look like this.  

Hammer Gun Works, owner Wayne Hammer.  Any feedback on this company?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/16476/image-285102.JPG

Thanks,

View Quote

No experience, yet. I sent a frame to him last week. 8-10wks quoted delivery. Works at/for MLS firearms in Tulare, Ca. Every picture of his work looks great. For reference, getting a 19 chopped to a 26 and full frame work package.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#2]
A wood burning kit can accomplish that. I have done several grips with factory type results. Getting the correct tip and timing for the material along with a perfect border is the trick.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#3]
That is nice looking. Seems there are more and more talented stipplers out there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Kent at Polymer Refined used to work some magic on frames.

Anyone heard if he has a new buisness partner in the works yet?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A wood burning kit can accomplish that. I have done several grips with factory type results. Getting the correct tip and timing for the material along with a perfect border is the trick.
View Quote
Your statement is contradictory to a first timer or one timer. You even used the word perfect.

I've done some stippling on mags and extra backstraps. I realize where I fall short of people who do it professionally.
I can checker a 1911 front strap, it just takes a file, I'm no Ted Yost.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have to say I can be extraordinary with my hand skills, woodworking is my other hobby.  But I have learned over my 59 years there are certain things you pay a professional to do, i.e.: cutting down trees that are within the fall radius of your house, pouring and leveling concrete, changing garage door springs....stippling a Glock frame will fall into this category.  Other than these hand full of task, I will tackle anything.

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't think so. I have the puzzle matrix pattern on my G17 and that thing still boggles my mind.  Still no clue how he gets that pattern.  Took said G17 to a Haley strategic course, and everyone who saw it was amazed at the work.  I was one fo the last frames kent worked on - if he opens up you can damn well guarantee I'll have an order for him.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't think so. I have the puzzle matrix pattern on my G17 and that thing still boggles my mind.  Still no clue how he gets that pattern.  Took said G17 to a Haley strategic course, and everyone who saw it was amazed at the work.  I was one fo the last frames kent worked on - if he opens up you can damn well guarantee I'll have an order for him.
View Quote
Same.  Texted him a few weeks back. Still no timeframe on whether or not he's opening back up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Shitty picture, but this looks machined.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#10]
That's lasered.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Let's see your pictures......put up or shut up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Laser etched or not, that is fantastic looking.  I have a bunch of Zev's but now I want one just like that.  I love the battle worn NP3 finish and the amazing texture of the grip combo.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Laser etched or not, that is fantastic looking.  I have a bunch of Zev's but now I want one just like that.  I love the battle worn NP3 finish and the amazing texture of the grip combo.  
View Quote
Super grippy on the sides, bar of soap slick on the front and back.  

Pass.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone know what shop did the frame etching in the picture above?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone know what shop did the frame etching in the picture above?
View Quote
Wilson Combat
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Wayne does great work. Have a few buddies who have used him.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Super grippy on the sides, bar of soap slick on the front and back.  

Pass.
View Quote
That's what I was thinking when I saw what they released.  The stippling on the sides doesn't really do that much to enhance the grip.  Surprised they left it alone.  Can't say I'm super impressed off initial glimpses.

Any idea how much the WC work will cost?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I follow a bunch of people on Instagram.  There are some amazing artists out there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh is Polymer Refined no longer open? I was just on his website last week and was thinking of sendingy first Glock his way since his prices are reasonable and only about an hour from me
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Oh is Polymer Refined no longer open? I was just on his website last week and was thinking of sendingy first Glock his way since his prices are reasonable and only about an hour from me
View Quote
Nope, he and his FFL parted ways.

He has not been accepting new orders for several months now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nope, he and his FFL parted ways.

He has not been accepting new orders for several months now.
View Quote
Damn that's a shame. His work looks awesome
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking when I saw what they released.  The stippling on the sides doesn't really do that much to enhance the grip.  Surprised they left it alone.  Can't say I'm super impressed off initial glimpses.

Any idea how much the WC work will cost?
View Quote
140 per the website
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol, the 2nd line of text on his site is "closed, no longer accepting orders".  

But yes, too bad he's no longer in business.  Been trying to find out who will be a suitable replacement.  Landers Weapons Systems has a pretty interesting looking 'carry' texture.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:48:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lol, the 2nd line of text on his site is "closed, no longer accepting orders".  

But yes, too bad he's no longer in business.  Been trying to find out who will be a suitable replacement.  Landers Weapons Systems has a pretty interesting looking 'carry' texture.
View Quote
Wow total facepalm moment there. I guess I must have glanced over that part since the text wasn't that big. Well, I wasn't totally set on that yet, but was definitely considering it
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I do my own stippling we both use different techniques.

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have to say I can be extraordinary with my hand skills, woodworking is my other hobby.  But I have learned over my 59 years there are certain things you pay a professional to do, i.e.: cutting down trees that are within the fall radius of your house, pouring and leveling concrete, changing garage door springs....stippling a Glock frame will fall into this category.  Other than these hand full of task, I will tackle anything.

View Quote
That stuff is pretty amateur. Everything you mentioned you should be able to do on your own sufficiently enough. Garage door and concrete guys prob don't have phds. 

I understand experience helps but they're doable on your own. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/6rSBSBo.jpg
View Quote
Outstanding work, who makes the maxwell?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like a RCS Freya magwell?

Nice work too, nice and clean.  Definitely a cut above the other home projects!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#31]
To the OP: As a fellow stippler, Wayne at MLS does outstanding work. He hand cuts those borders, and his work is very consistent. You'd be well served with one of his jobs.

Getting things as clean and consistent as he does is not something most first time DIYers can manage. I know my first gun looks nothing like some of my recent work. Any pro will tell you it takes experience and experimentation to get things right.

Alex Pappadia of SG Armory also does nice work. Matthew Doster at The Sharp Shooter, too, if basketweave is your thing.

If you're on FB, join the Weapon Stippling page. Many good pros on there with various styles and textures.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
To the OP: As a fellow stippler, Wayne at MLS does outstanding work. He hand cuts those borders, and his work is very consistent. You'd be well served with one of his jobs.

Getting things as clean and consistent as he does is not something most first time DIYers can manage. I know my first gun looks nothing like some of my recent work. Any pro will tell you it takes experience and experimentation to get things right.

Alex Pappadia of SG Armory also does nice work. Matthew Doster at The Sharp Shooter, too, if basketweave is your thing.

If you're on FB, join the Weapon Stippling page. Many good pros on there with various styles and textures.
View Quote
Thanks,

I am thinking about getting a wood burner or small soldering gun and work on some Magpul mags...

May hold off on sending pistol, the Gen 5 had distracted me.  Just finished cutting the yard, getting ready to leave the house and go searching for a Gen5.

Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Take a look at OT Defense's website. They offer some nice tips and kits. A bit more money than a Home Depot soldering iron, but much more useful.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
You mind sharing how you cut your borders and what you use to stipple?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#35]
I just sent my frame to him this morning. I'll have pics of before and after as soon as I get it back
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
How much do you charge???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top