Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2013 5:27:48 PM EDT
I'm looking to add a fiber optic front sight to my M&P .45C.

I'm thinking of going with a plain blacked out rear sight and red fiber optic front sight.

Can anyone recommend an appropriate front and rear sight?

Also I noticed that many front sights come in different heights. Can someone give me some guidance on choosing which height I need to be looking at?
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
10-8performance sights
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
10-8performance sights

First post and all.

.160 height and the fatter the width, the faster it is, the smaller the width, the more precise you can be with it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2013 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#3]
awesome...thanks guy
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking maybe .115 in the front sight? Would that be a good compromise width?

This is a ccw piece, not use for competative shooting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Dawson  precision has the best selection of widths and heights fore the MP.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dawson  precision has the best selection of widths and heights fore the MP.

This.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#7]
My preference is the Hi-Viz Overmolded sight.
They are much more durable and snag-free than any others I've seen.

Thanks,
Lee
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok I am having a little trouble figuring out the dimensions, since there are so many.

This will be a CCW gun and I'm looking for a good all the way around combat vs. precision shooting sight. I'd love to get some suggestions on the correct dimensions. Help me fill in the blanks

Rear Sight:

Best Notch Width ____ ?

Front Sight:

Best Width _____ ?

Best Height _____ ?
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok I am having a little trouble figuring out the dimensions, since there are so many.

This will be a CCW gun and I'm looking for a good all the way around combat vs. precision shooting sight. I'd love to get some suggestions on the correct dimensions. Help me fill in the blanks

Rear Sight:

Best Notch Width ____ ? As wide as you can get U-notch. Larger rear notches are better if you even get a chance to get sight alignment in a defense situation. 10-8 rear is great. Not sure about height.

Front Sight:

Best Width _____ ? HiViz' standard green.

Best Height _____ ? See above. HiViz SW2007.

I really like the HiViz overmolding as it protects the fragile fiber.
My teaching and 'smithing partner has these on every gun he can. Never a problem.
On sights that don't have this feature, I use clear silicone to protect the fiber and keep it from coming loose under recoil.
On a fighting gun, the small amount of error from a slight sight height mismatch should not be a deal-breaker.

HTH,
Lee
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
10-8performance sights

First post and all.

.160 height and the fatter the width, the faster it is, the smaller the width, the more precise you can be with it.

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/2946/mpartsy010.jpg

Amen. 10-8 makes solid sights. Have them on my HK P30 and just ordered a set for my M&P Shield. Blacked out rear and brass bead front.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top