Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2002 8:27:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The defensive round that I prefer for all of my handguns is made by MagSafe.  I don't know of a web site.  They are pretty expensive, a box of six can cost $20 bucks!  The only other round recommended by the MagSafe manufacturer is Cor-Bon.  I use these as my general purpose hollow point when hunting to finish off hogs etc.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Try the Rem golden saber 185 +P.
From a full size 45 the ME = 540 lbs.

Bright flash though. Unbeleivable round guarenteed to decapitate.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
230gr Hydroshock
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#5]
My vote is for the load that feeds with 100% reliability.  If your gun feeds all hollowpoints with total reliability - you are very lucky indeed.  If you can't count on it to feed every time you are better off with FMJ than the most exotic HP that jams.  That said -I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry that feeds Federal 230 gr. HydraShocks as reliably as FMJ.  I like the HydraShocks because I prefer not so use +P loads in an alloy framed gun.  I have used the older +P Remington stuff in a steel framed Colt also.  Never having fired a shot in anger, I cannot attest to the terminal effectiveness of any round.  Based upon what I have read - the HydraShocks and +P Remingtons have a good reputation as stoppers.  My rational is that even if the 230 gr. Hydrashock doesn't expand at all - it is still equivalent to the 230 gr. ball that earned the .45 the reputation as a manstopper.  Just my .02 worth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top