Mag Capacity
Overall Cost
Durability

Thanks!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#1]
MB-

I'm also in the market for a rimfire conversion.  Here's what I've found:
Word on the street is that the Marvel unit is the most accurate (however the slide does not lock open after the last shot ).  People seem to report good experiences with the Kimber and Wilson Combat kits as well.

The one I ordered is the Advantage Arms kit.
advantagearms.com/1911conversion_kit.html
It features last round lock open and is reported to be reasonably accurate (not as targety as the Marvel).  Whereas other conversion kits' magazines cost $30 to $40, the Advantage Arms magazines go for about $25.

I don't know how well the Ceiner kit performs, but I have read about his terrible customer service (something to consider when buying a potentially finicky after-market product).

Before I ordered the Advantage Arms, I was looking at the Jarvis kit:
www.jarvis-custom.com/Products/tabid/53/ctl/ProductDisplay/categoryId/15/mid/388/Default.aspx
It has an all steel slide and last round lock open (they even have one with a threaded barrel), but the mags cost $42.

Here's a good resource:
forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=5025

Good luck and post pictures of your finished project!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I ordered the Marvel kit for myself.  I also have a Colt ACE .22LR conversion kit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#4]
What kinda bytes is all these kits seem only to come with 10rd mags , except for the Ciener with 15rds, but like all Ciener products their mags are expensive at $35 a pop.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Ceiner have 15 round mags, I will be ordering on of their commander kits in a few weeks. or maybe the marvel
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
check with Bookhound, he is a moderator in the Georgia forum

He has several extra Marvels that have threaded barrels.They had to buy so many kits as this was a limited run. Quality is second to none and you can put a can on them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
check with Bookhound, he is a moderator in the Georgia forum

He has several extra Marvels that have threaded barrels.They had to buy so many kits as this was a limited run. Quality is second to none and you can put a can on them.

I never thought about the legality of threaded barrels in ban states.  Whats the scoop on that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top