Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 3:26:14 PM EDT
My first post! trolled a bit, finally decided to register. hat
I know the magnum research site says they aren't meant to use +p or +p+ ammo...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It is illegal to shoot eagles, baby or adult.

Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had good luck with Remington UMC JHP's and Winchester loose packed 100 round bulk packs from Wal-Mart.  Both are fairly cheap and run well through my BE.

As far as +P or +P+, I say go ahead.  I've shot some through mine and has been fine.  Magnum Research probably doesnt want the liability issues, that may be why quite a few gun manufacturers say no to +P.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I've shot
Win White box(currently use this a lot for taining and classes and such.)
UMC
some remington bulk pack stuff
Black hills
Wolf
Federal hydra-shoks
gold dots(current carry load is 124gr flavor, none +P)
Federal classic 124gr HP and 115gr HP
Corbon 124gr+p
2k of of gold dots that were marked training use only, not for duty use(all 124gr+p)

I don't know why MR says not to use +p or +p+ as the baby eagle has served as a military arm for a short period and is still in use in limited capacity with the IDF and police forces. My understanding is that most military ammo is loded hotter then commercial stuff. So I don't know why they say not to use it.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
wolf hard ball and Speer gold dots for me. No problems yet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Took it out for the first time today... ran 100 rounds of winchester superx 147gr thru it, and another 100 winchester white box. Not a single failure, and it shot like butter. Very happy with my investment. h.gif

Got 200 rounds of gold dot 124gr +p ordered... gonna try some 147gr non +p also.

Time to go clean the sucker. hippie.gif
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Winchester White Box 115 gr. 9mm is what I use regularly. I have had ejection issues using Wolf ammo in the past, seems to foul up the action, no problems since going back to Winchester.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top