Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 8:06:01 PM EDT
What is the general consensus on the Thunder series fromn Bersa?  Any opinions, concerns, regrets?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Their .380s are nice little shooters, built well for the $$$$$$.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]
maybe i'm a gun snob.. bersa = POS .... JMO

J
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a Bersa Thunder .380 but I sold it. No complaints here, there was just a lot of other stuff I would use more than the .380
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard good things about them but have never owned or fired one.
I do have some experience with Bersa customer service though - their Thunder model extended mag bottoms fit Kel-Tec P3AT mags perfectly, so I called them to order a couple.  No voice mail hell, a friendly and knowledgable person on the other end, and quick delivery from NJ to TX.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What is the general consensus on the Thunder series fromn Bersa?  Any opinions, concerns, regrets?

I owned a Bersa for a number of years and found it to be well made, accurate and reliable.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  I am considering one for a partial trade.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
maybe i'm a gun snob.. bersa = POS .... JMO

J

Yep, you're a snob.  

The Bersa Thunder is a GREAT little pistol.  Very accurate and reliable.  Eats any .380 ammo you feed it.  

MOST cheap guns are just that - Cheap.   The Bersa is simply more bang for the buck.  I sold mine to a buddy because he 'needed to buy something'.   I'd definitely buy another one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#8]

I have the .22 version and like it alot.

There was a review a few weeks ago of the regular Bersa .380 by a member here. His screen name is something like "inthebadneghborhood." You should search for it. He shot thousands of rounds through his and he tells you what parts brokes, etc.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the link.  I think i might reconsider for the trade.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#12]
My car/carry gun is a Bersa Thunder 45 and my weekend car/carry gun is a Bersa Thunder 380. I prefer them to Walthers, Sig P230s, and Makarovs. The Bersa line doesn't cost you an arm or a leg and is very capable of protecting you. My two Bersas have very good triggers, sights, and feel in my hand. Both of my pistols are reliable and accurate. How much do you expect from a handgun that cost $250 and $175, respectively? Lastly, how many of us regularly put 5,000 rounds through our carry weapons? If so, why do I see and buy used handguns that look like they are new? If you want a Bersa buy one, as they offer a lot of gun for the money. Regards, Richard:D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top