Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2009 3:56:14 AM EDT
anyone got anything on the 9mm Bersa?  reasonable accuracy?  I am looking for an inexpensive 9, possibly for carry down the road.  

BTW, what is the difference between full size, compact and sub compact?  sorry for these basic questions, I am a rifle shooter.

billy boy
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:37:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Yep, I've had and have been carrying my Bersa Ultra Compact Pro 9mm for a while now. It's a good little gun for the money and is quite accurate. It's also been nothing but reliable which is why I'm carrying it also. It's not a perfect pistol but there certainly underrated from what I've seen. The finish is one place they cut short on and mine came with a polymer rear sight, but it works and a replacement is pretty cheap from Eagle Imports. I haven't had a good experience with trying to get information from Bersa though. I like the pistol and it has excellent controls and good features like the polygonal barrel, chamber indicator and design overall, but I don't think I'll buy another with how their customer service was. As I said though, it's a good little gun for the money. They do have a limited lifetime warranty if you have any problems (which I haven't) and Colorado Gun Works does their US warranty work. I plan to have mine refinished one day if I don't sell it.

Bersa UC Pro

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!  she shoot good enough?  reasonably at 15 - 25 yards?  do you consider the 9 mo bettah than the 380?  thanks for your help      Billy boy
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I own a Bersa .380.  IMHO there are better, lighter and higher capacity on the market.  

Mine has been reliable and accurate, but it is a safe queen these days.  

Heavy, low capacity.

All things being equal, I would have bought a different gun.  Most of its competitors came out after it was already on the market.  I have owned mine for almost 10 years I think.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Very nice!  she shoot good enough?  reasonably at 15 - 25 yards?  do you consider the 9 mo bettah than the 380?  thanks for your help      Billy boy

More than reasonable at 25 yards, but you'll need to do your part. As for the .380 it's not as useable for me being a lefty so I'd never buy one, but they felt fairly good in my hands. As for the round, 9mm is a much better round in my experience and opinion. Today there are also very good round choices out there that have really leveled the playing field compared to other pistol rounds. 9mm is still standard military issue too and one of, if not the most widely carried pistol rounds in the US. The UC Pro's are very concealable for me is your worried about size, but my body is different than yours of course. Like any pistol, you'll have to see firsthand how they fit you.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#5]
They are descent guns for the money. The full size 9mm they make is a copy of the Walther p88. Mags are very expensive FYI. You could do worse.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top