Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/4/2004 11:51:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 12:02:05 AM EST by Jeeper21]
Does anyone know what kind of Beretta's Trinity had in the original Matrix film when she goes flying acorss the building into the window?

Anyway... not much discussion going on in the Beretta forum. Browsing through Glock I see stuff about KB's ... HK... latest accesory for your gun, etc.

Just something I noticed here. Beretta owners tend not to customize, accesorize, or dress up their Pistols as much. Is it because there is little else you can do to improve upon experience in Gun making since the 16th century or because our Berettas just dont get enough attention?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:42:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By Jeeper21:
Just something I noticed here. Beretta owners tend not to customize, accesorize, or dress up their Pistols as much. Is it because there is little else you can do to improve upon experience in Gun making since the 16th century or because our Berettas just dont get enough attention?

There's not really anything that needs to be done to them, at least nothing you'd see in a pic. You can get whatever grips you prefer. You might want to get some tritium sights. Pretty much everything else is internal. Get a good trigger job. Maybe put in a Wolfe trigger return spring.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:01:05 AM EST
A friend of mine had the matrix play station 2 game. I believe it was based on the third matrix movie. Anyway, in the game, they use the 92fs. I imagine this is the same gun as the others. Call me immature, but that's part of the reason I want one. I like movie guns
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:58:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By smithyman:
A friend of mine had the matrix play station 2 game. I believe it was based on the third matrix movie. Anyway, in the game, they use the 92fs. I imagine this is the same gun as the others. Call me immature, but that's part of the reason I want one. I like movie guns

The ones Trinity used in that shot in the first film looked a little bit smaller than a 92. Maybe a pair of Cheetahs perhaps.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:59:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:29:47 AM EST
Been a long time since I saw the movie, but they may be Beretta 9x L or M series.
There are lots of aftermarket things you can do to the pistol More accurate barrels, bevel jobs, aftermarket finishes, trigger work, different hammers, guide rods, grip screws, grips, spring tweaking, sights, steel rail inserts, bushings...
Depends what you want and where it lacks in your own opinion.
-Steve
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:43:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By toepopper:

Originally Posted By smithyman:

The ones Trinity used in that shot in the first film looked a little bit smaller than a 92. Maybe a pair of Cheetahs perhaps.

It could have been the 92fs centurion. The slide and the barrel is a little shorter than the regular 92 fs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:10:44 PM EST
IIRC, in an interview I saw, they said they used 92fs Compact Type M due to the small size of her hands.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:15:27 PM EST
Google Ernest Langdon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:57:28 AM EST
two cheetahs, I know because I have one
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:08:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:

Originally Posted By Jeeper21:

There's not really anything that needs to be done to them, at least nothing you'd see in a pic. You can get whatever grips you prefer. You might want to get some tritium sights. Pretty much everything else is internal. Get a good trigger job. Maybe put in a Wolfe trigger return spring.

Got the wolff trigger spring mod. I like it. Trigger feels better with it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:15:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 11:16:11 PM EST by Lumpy196]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:56:53 PM EST
THE GUNS OF THE MATRIX:

We see the agent firing his Desert Eagle at Trinity who performs a spectacular jump through a window. Inside the window she rolls out and draws a pair of Beretta Cheetahs. Specifically they are the Model 84FS. The 84 and 85 are very similar, but the 84 has a double stacked magazine while the 85 is a single.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:48:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By voilsb:
THE GUNS OF THE MATRIX:

We see the agent firing his Desert Eagle at Trinity who performs a spectacular jump through a window. Inside the window she rolls out and draws a pair of Beretta Cheetahs. Specifically they are the Model 84FS. The 84 and 85 are very similar, but the 84 has a double stacked magazine while the 85 is a single.

Nice link. Doesn't look like the author is too fond of the ar-15 though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:11:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By toepopper:

Originally Posted By voilsb:
THE GUNS OF THE MATRIX:

Nice link. Doesn't look like the author is too fond of the ar-15 though.

No, but that's his perogative. He's a regular poster over at The High Road (thehighroad.org), and he knows a lot about firearms. He just has an out-dated opinion on the AR platform based on a bad experience he's had with it.
Top Top