Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2014 7:07:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2014 7:08:08 AM EDT by nic1984]
I recently acquired a Beretta M9a1. Love the gun but I am having a problem. Took it out and put 50 rounds through it when I bought it and it worked fine. Got home and practiced dry firing the gun. When I fired in double action I noticed the hammer didn't drop all the way sometimes. Thought that was weird but after two or three times of not doing that it would start to fire as normal in double action. Took it to the range today and what do you know it wouldn't fire at all in double action. Pulled the trigger 15 times won't and wouldn't fire. Anyone know the problem or does it look like it needs to be sent back to Beretta? Video is below.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr9tUqvMWiw[/youtube]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:22:27 AM EDT
Can't you return it to the gun shop and exchange it for a new one ?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:52:05 AM EDT
I can try to return it. The only problem I could forsee is that I bought this gun in the beginning of March. But with my schedule and bad weather I was only able to take it out twice so we can see as I buy about 90% of my new guns from this shop and have never had a problem. Not sure what their return policy is.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:48:38 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nic1984:
I can try to return it. The only problem I could forsee is that I bought this gun in the beginning of March. But with my schedule and bad weather I was only able to take it out twice so we can see as I buy about 90% of my new guns from this shop and have never had a problem. Not sure what their return policy is.
View Quote

Well I can tell you most gun shops is an "all sales are final"

good chance that LGS will send it off for you
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:06:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By clownbear69:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By clownbear69:

True, never heard of anyone returning a gun before. I know ammo is final sale (I bought .38 super by mistake once when I was in a hurry). Anyhow it's probably easier for me to deal with Beretta than having to drive the 45 minutes to the gun shop where I bought it from. Just seeing if anyone knows what this problem is to avoid having to send it off.

On a side note how is Beretta's CS?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:58:25 AM EDT
True, never heard of anyone returning a gun before. I know ammo is final sale (I bought .38 super by mistake once when I was in a hurry). Anyhow it's probably easier for me to deal with Beretta than having to drive the 45 minutes to the gun shop where I bought it from. Just seeing if anyone knows what this problem is to avoid having to send it off.

On a side note how is Beretta's CS?
View Quote

It's rare that I hear about a Beretta needing CS but a few people in this thread said they were good: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_15/149214_Has_anyone_here_sent_a_firearm_back_to_Beretta_.html

Call them up and report your experience, sounds like something they should fix for you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:16:42 AM EDT
Did you clean & lube before firing the first time?
Tomac
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:56:31 PM EDT
View Quote

The gun shop I deal with has a 30 day return policy IIRC.

Given the fact that you've bought 90 percent of your guns from this shop, they should take care of you.

Good luck, let us know what happens.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:06:17 PM EDT
Something inside the gun is FUBAR'd.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:04:36 PM EDT
Sorry to hear this OP. If it were me I would contact Beretta and see what they say about having it sent back to them for repair.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:18:44 PM EDT
Most likely a severely worn hammer release is letting go too early.

Its an easy part to replace but it can require fitting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:41:11 PM EDT
Thanks for all the help. Called the shop today and said "that's not good, bring it in and we'll take a look at er" So will update once I figure out what is wrong.
Top Top