Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/16/2003 6:25:06 PM EDT

Are these out of production?

I am looking to buy one somewhere down the road but can't seem to find a source for them.

I Looked for the not terribly dissimilar Bilennium pistol and couldn't find it either.

I thought for sure the bilennium was current production as I saw a magazine review about 6 months back.

Also this pistol called the 92FS Plus I couldn't find. Are all of these special order or something.

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:38:00 PM EDT
The stock went out of production a few years ago. Not sure about the Plus but I think it went out of production about the same time and was replaced by the Elite series.

The Billinium(sp?) should still be in production, just keep checking around.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:54:12 PM EDT
The third Beretta looks like it is just a stock Beretta model 92FS with their pro shop accessories (note: I am not sure on this). You could just buy a Beretta model 92FS and just buy the parts from Beretta and make one. It has the model 92/96 micro rear sight, Model 92/96 oversized mag button, skeletonized hammer, steel recoil rod (more than likely), and wood grips can all be found at the pro shop.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:17:15 AM EDT
Greeno;

Take a hard look at the South African Vektor SP1 (9mm)or SP2 (.40) if you want to shoot the Beretta in competition. This is a somewhat improved 92 with a better grip, DA with the same safety system as the Stock Competition and Billenium, an enclosed slide with rib and pinned in front sight and polygon rifling. I just picked one up NIB for $389 + shipping from a guy in Texas who still has a few more.

Beretta 92 mags fit and function fine, it is every bit as reliable as the 92 series guns, has less recoil and AFIK the trigger and hammer dimensions are the same. I am not crazy about the hammer spur design, but I have not done anything with it yet except to run 100rd. of ball through it. They do make a Competition Model with extended barrel and comp with a very nice match trigger also, but it is more expensive. Stock trigger sucks, but between me and Mr. Langdon I'm sure that will improve! They have been in service over there under very harsh conditions for years now and are well proven. Machining and fit is better than any Beretta I have seen in years. They will fit many...but not all...Beretta holsters. One Hell of a bargain for the price! You can see various pics and specs via a web search, etc.

If interested, PM me and I will give you the guy's email info.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:41:14 AM EDT
The stock can still be found every now and then, but it is hard. Look to the gun auction sites.

The Bilennium is a steel framed pistol that was made as a collector's piece. To the best of my knowledge, all of them (they are an extremely limited edition) have been bought up by collectors and Beretta enthusiasts. (Yes, there are some of us out there...)

Best bet is to post an inquiry on:

www.berettaforum.net

They should be able to tell you wassup....
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:41:09 AM EDT
Thanks for the info.

It's too bad they put it out of production.. The frame mounted safety appealed to my 1911 mind.

I'll keep checking on the billenium.
Top Top