Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2005 7:48:55 PM EDT
I have a 1988 model PT99. With 2 factory 15 round magazines. Lately the last rounds will hit me directly in the right eye. I searched around a few places and I cannot find mag spring for the 15 round pt92/pt99 magazines. Will the 17 round mag springs work? Or could I use 15 round beretta mag springs?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:01:03 PM EDT
Beretta springs work, you might have to adjust them to fit the follower - depends on the PT mag - some are identical to 92 mags, others have a slightly different "cup" where the spring bottoms into the follower, but yes they will work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:21:42 PM EDT
Mine are probably like the Beretta mags. Because "pt92/pt99" grips do not fit my gun. It has the same pattern grips as a Beretta. So I bet the magazines are the same as well.

I was trying to find some black grips for it. No hogue pt99 grips would fit. Tried some Beretta grips and they lined up perfectly. Only problem was the safety of course. Plus the new pt99 grips have the place for the decocker. Which mine does not have.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:09:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SickMAK90:
Mine are probably like the Beretta mags. Because "pt92/pt99" grips do not fit my gun. It has the same pattern grips as a Beretta. So I bet the magazines are the same as well.

I was trying to find some black grips for it. No hogue pt99 grips would fit. Tried some Beretta grips and they lined up perfectly. Only problem was the safety of course. Plus the new pt99 grips have the place for the decocker. Which mine does not have.

You've got an older PT then. At one time they were VERY similar to 92's, but their development strayed and now hardly anything matches.
Top Top