Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2002 5:31:07 PM EDT
My Wife wants a Beretta with the rear of the grip flat (ie. flat mainspring houshing in a 1911). The only model I've seen is the "Vertec". How ever I've seen pics of diferent models that look to have this? Beretta's site was of no help, is there any place online we can view Beretta's line up of pistols?

R35
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]

The very common model 92FS (9mm) the 96 has a similar shape.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Glancing at the catalog, the Cougar model has a flat rear frame, and it comes in .45 and .40 and of course the 9MM.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:39:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replys.

I went to the dealer yesterday and I had him go get "His book". and we both looked through it. Acording to Beretta, they have also made the reach of pull shorter as well as making the sides slimer so this hting is all around smaller. I didnt really notice but I could feel it. I had the dealer pull out a 92 FS and comared them and Beretta speaks the truth. You can see the slight diferinces.

If thats what she likes thats what she'll get. She says it fits her hand great and its easy for her to manipulat the slides on Berettas. She is always so ginger with them?

It'll be a couple of weeks befor she gets it out of hock.Will give range report at that time.

R35

NEW GUN, NEW GUN, I We're getting a NEW GUN!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going with my brother to pick up his brand new Vertec tomorrow.  He just turned 50 and this is his first gun.  I took him out so he could try all sorts of different styles and liked my 92f the best.  At the gunshop they had the vertec so he held it and said it felt much more comfortable to him, so he got that instead.  I think it is because he has relatively smaller hands.  To me I liked the feel of the 92 better, but maybe thats just cause I'm used to it. Besides the grip and the shorter trigger, the Vertec also has the underail for a tactical light.  Seems pretty nice, I'll let you know how it shoots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top