Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/16/2005 7:59:45 PM EST
I know this is a handgun forum, but I could not find anything else related to these carbines. I went to the newly opened Gander Mtn here ( which will for sure cause me to go into bankruptcy) and looked at a Beretta Storm in .45 ACP, any of you guys have one or messed with one? Are they dependable, well made etc? They look like loads of fun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:07:25 PM EST
Anything made by Beretta will be well-made, IMO. OTOH, I can think of a lot things I'd buy before I bought a .45acp rifle.

My .o2
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:03:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/19/2005 3:46:09 AM EST by Gary_631]
I have one in 45 acp, just ordered a eotech 551 for it. Its a tack driver and a blast to shoot. It does have a good bit of kick for a 45. But then again the gun has no weight. I order aother butt plate for it (you can add up to 3 to make stock longer) hoping that will cut the kick down. My only problem so far is no hi caps and normal mags are a pain to get. Its easyer then a ar-15 to take down and clean. I am thinking of saving up and getting a 9mm ver b/c shooting 45 gets $$$ to shot. I would get a red down scope for it. The iron sights are good but if you are going to use it has a house gun. You can't see anything thought the irons unless its pretty bright. (same could be said for all pep sights)

*sorry for bad spelling*
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:18:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/18/2005 9:19:40 AM EST by HardShell]

Originally Posted By Gary_631:
... I am thinking of saving up and getting a 9mm ver b/c shooting 45 and get $$$ to shot...

IIRC you can just replace the barrel, bolt, and mag-well insert to change the Storm from caliber to caliber. (Although I don't know how readily available the conversion kits/parts are... )

FWIW, I love my 9mm Storm.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:54:10 AM EST
I love my 9mm Storm! I would just get the 9mm rather then the 45ACP because the ammo cost is much better and you can use 92 mags that are very easy to find. It is alot more fun to shoot 15 rounds of 9mm rather then 8 of 45ACP at a time, and if you have a 92 then you all ready have some extra mags for the storm.

BTW get a red dot, the sights that are no the gun suck! IMHO

P.S. I work at Gander so I got my for 20% off
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:18:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By BobCole:
Anything made by Beretta will be well-made, IMO. OTOH, I can think of a lot things I'd buy before I bought a .45acp rifle.

My .o2

I figured they would be well made, seemed like it would be a lot of fun. I've already for a Ar, figured a carbine in pistol caliber would be fun. Thanks for the replies, it will probably go into layaway soon.
Top Top