Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/22/2004 8:38:14 PM EST
Okay... I know the Beretta STORM sub-gun will use Beretta 92 mags,

and I know Beretta 92 Mags can be converted for use in the XD line...

So my question is this... can the XD mags work in the STORM? And will the CONVERTED mags (converted to use in the XD) Still be used in the beretta weapons???

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:29:53 AM EST
Yes, and yes.

BTW, the Storm is not a sub gun. It's just a 9mm carbine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:11:19 AM EST
The conversion from 92 to XD doesn't touch the original 92 mag catch hole, the XD hole is simply cut in the front wall of the mag. After that they can go back and forth between the two guns, and do so legally. You may have problems with the slide locking open with one or the other, depending on what you do with the follower if you want it to lock open in what gun. It may even work in both as well. Since it will still fit in a 92, it will still work in a Storm.

Ross
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:50:10 AM EST
mod'd 92 mags will work in a full size XD???

[gen burkholter]Interesting...[/fat old guy on hogan's hero's]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:19:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/23/2004 8:23:19 AM EST by Ross]
Several different mags will work in the XD. Taurus, Beretta, and S&W mags being the most used. Some of the S&W mags are actually the easiest, as there is a hole in the front wall of the mag already there and in the correct place. I don't know if they are factory or a specific brand of aftermarket. Whatever they are though, you just have to file it into a square, instead of the round one that's there.

They stick out to varying degrees, and the followers are all slightly different, so it may not lock back on the last round without some more mods. Since they stick out, there is a danger of inserting them too far and doing some damage, etc.

The mag release on the XD doesn't work on a catch that hooks on the side of the mag like most do. It works on a catch that hooks on the front of the mag, through a square hole. Since under the AWB you can't mod a mag to the point that it won't work in the original gun, these are still legal to use because the original catch hole isn't touched in any way. You just add a catch hole to the front for the XD.

I don't own one (yet), but plenty of people have been doing this for a few years.

Ross
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:12:39 PM EST
Thanks guys... Im considering one (Storm) as a range/sporting gun. I have fondled one at the local funshop and have been thinking about one ever since.

Since I have an XD9 Tactical I thought they could also compliment each other at local carbine matches... same mags used in both.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:19:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/24/2004 9:28:40 AM EST by _DR]
Got to fire one at the local range Saturday (CX4 Storm).

This thing surprised me, I figured it for an amateurish range toy. Boy was I ever wrong. The CX4 was getting 1/2 inch groups at 25 yards with an Eotech 552 mounted on it, even with a double tap, virtually NO recoil, and so quiet at first I thought he was firing a .22 rifle(he was using WWB ammo). It is uncannily quiet, seems like would be completely silent with a can. He had the no-name 30 round mags from CTD that feed well without jamming, as well as the factory 10 round mags. Heavy trigger, but other than that a blast to shoot. Quite a few rail accesories out for it too.

I was very impressed. I would like to see what it would do at 50 and 100 yards.
Top Top