Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2005 9:49:10 PM EDT
I'm looking at both for my first carry gun.  I know both are large but I don't be carrying every day.  I'm set on the USP T if I decide to go with .45, but if I decide 9mm I want a Beretta.  I'm familiar with the M9 and don't mind he size, even though I don't think its very large at all.  I have yet to even hold a USP T so I'm not making any decisions until then.  One big question I have is...whats so bad about slide mounted controls?  How much bigger is the USP T compared to the M9?  How about weight?  Thanks,

CMS
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:07:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both, the Tactical is GIANT compared to the Mdl92.  Unless you have some immense bulk to hide it with or you are planning open carry stick with the Beretta.  I have a buddy who carried a full size USP as a duty weapon, he loved the thing.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have carried both. The M9 conceals a lot better because it is smaller in most dimensions and more round edges, which also makes it a little more comfortable, I did sell it because I hated the slide mounted controls, mostly because it interfered with slide manipulation, and I would always end up pinching myself with the hammer, open slide, or something. I do not have too much of a problem conceal carrying my USPF .45 though I am 6' 2". As long as you have a decent holster that is positioned properly it is not that difficult. The tac may be a little harder due to the extra barrel length and taller sights. If the USP is comfortable in your hands, I would say go for it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I can get away with carrying my tacitcal 45 and my Mk. 23 SOCOM just fine.  I agree with Z06Kicks, if it fits you good, go for the tactical - it is an exellent weapon.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have owned the Beretta 92F, and just bought a fullsize USP. While neither would replace my 1911, I can, without a doubt, say go with the USP.

I absolutely despise that Beretta.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#5]
HK all the way!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I love the TAC ,one of the finest 45's out there

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top