Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2014 10:05:01 AM EDT
Have had my 96 for about 13 years, but have rarely used it. Certainly less than 500rnds through it.

Today while at the range, the slide release sheared / snapped. The guy at the gun store attached to the range told me to call Beretta for repair. I assume that the repair costs will be on me, and not covered by Berettta?

Is this a common failure?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 4:17:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2014 4:24:20 PM EDT by emmetf]
No, its not a common failure on a 92 or 96, but it does happen.  I doubt Beretta USA still stocks a Factory "INOX" slide-release but in case they do, contact Brownell's and see if it's cataloged.  Both the 92 and the 96 use and share the exact-same part going from memory.  

Check a site-sponser here on AR15.com, CDNN out of Texas.  They sell brand-new, old-stock Factory Beretta 92/96 parts for a reasonable price.  You might be able to find a NP3-coated slide-release-lever for a very good price.  The color will be a close-match but not exact.  Your Factory "INOX" part was actually hard-chrome-plated, not stainless-steel.  The NP3 finish is a lighter color of gray/silver, with less of a "blue" reflection coming of the part in strong daylight.  The Beretta parts sold by CDNN are real Factory-made Beretta USA or PB of Italy parts, just New Old Stock and discontinued from Beretta USA.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:09:22 AM EDT
Beretta sent me to brownells, and they had the part.  46 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:50:36 AM EDT
Nice pics.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:39:27 AM EDT
My 96 Compact Inox did the same thing a few years back.     The pin remained in the frame while the rest of the slide release lever fell to the ground.        Beretta said it was likely a flawed MIM part but refused to replace the part.     The gun was about 3 years old and had less than 1000 rounds through it.      

Pretty low class way to treat a customer.     I ended up finding the part online and did the repair on my own dime.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:56:53 AM EDT
While I'd have probably sent you the part anyway, their warrantee is only for two years if you registered the gun with them.
Top Top