Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2017 11:42:50 PM EDT

I've had this pistol in for about a month and finally put the review up since it's now available to everyone...

Pros:
-0 malfunctions with any ammo to date
-interchangeable frames; the "gun" is the chasis
-good accuracy for a "combat" type pistol
-factory steel sights
-nitrided slide/barrel
-the serrations are very functional albeit the looks of them are in the eye of the beholder
-the grip texture is rough enough to not aggravate you if carrying IWB but not slippery either
-I'd imagine in the future you'd be able to purchase different caliber & size slides/frames and not have to go to the FFL to do so
-Beretta is already offering plenty of accessories for the pistol (threaded barrels, sights, holsters, mags, etc...
-trigger has a very crisp break

Cons:
-at this point it's new so track record is still a question mark
-I'd much prefer the trigger reset to be stronger.
-the striker safety protruding through the slide may be an issue for milling

Full review:

Beretta APX 9mm Pistol Review (HD)
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#1]
So how does it work for a Sig P320 replacement? Just going off of one of your Pros. Although that got the green more correct that Sig did for OD green. Sig ODG is like baby shit green on the grips for the P320. And better stock sights than a Glock. Yet with my P320 I don't have to pull the trigger or drop the striker to tear it down.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Will Glock mags fit through the chassis?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:15:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Good review. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks to be a decent pistol, aside from the periscope on the slide popping up on trigger pull.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks to be a decent pistol, aside from the periscope on the slide popping up on trigger pull.
View Quote
It's tiny and not something you will see with a standard sight picture.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's tiny and not something you will see with a standard sight picture.
View Quote
Maybe, but this looks a bit large to me.

Edit: Guess I'm not sure if it pops up and stays up till you start to release the trigger, or if it just pops up, and drops instantly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Cost of replacement magazines?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe, but this looks a bit large to me.

http://i.imgur.com/w493CNZ.jpg

Edit: Guess I'm not sure if it pops up and stays up till you start to release the trigger, or if it just pops up, and drops instantly.
View Quote
It works much the same way as it does on the 92FS.  Not something anyone ever worries about.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Held one this weekend and it felt nice in the hand, trigger was pretty good too. As for looks, it appears my S&W SD9VE got together with something.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#11]
1/2x28 threads on the threaded barrels?

I hope they offer threaded barrel guns.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]
@Mrgunsngear

Can the striker safety protrusion be for safely holstering?

The first thing I thought when I saw it is maybe you could put your thumb over it when holstering and stop if you feel it start pushing up to prevent Glock leg.

Not an issue for me but you hear people concerned about holstering striker fired guns.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I held one a couple weeks ago and felt really good in the hand but it did seem pretty wide.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@Mrgunsngear

Can the striker safety protrusion be for safely holstering?

The first thing I thought when I saw it is maybe you could put your thumb over it when holstering and stop if you feel it start pushing up to prevent Glock leg.

Not an issue for me but you hear people concerned about holstering striker fired guns.
View Quote
I suppose it's possible but I really don't know what their thinking was.  Maybe just a holdover from the 92 series?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a Beretta 92fs years ago. Bulky as funk 15 rnd 9mm.

This looks very concealable. If I were in the position to put money into a handgun. I would get this one. I carry a Glock and money is tight right now so, it will have to wait.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top