Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2003 10:19:54 AM EDT
Now that motorcycling season has come to an end in my corner of PNW, it's time to get back to playing with my handguns.

I brought home a Beretta 96FS Vertec last week to complement my 92FS in 9mm.  My first impressions are that it's not as well-balanced as the 92; the 96 seems a little muzzle heavy.

The trigger pull goes on forever.  I was beginninig to think the trigger was going to come through the backstrap before the gun fired.  Definitely a longer trigger pull in DA than the 92.  Not worse, just different.  I attribute it mainly to the straight backstrap on the 96 vs. the slight rise to the 92's.

I've only put 50 rounds downrange, so I don't have a feel yet for how accurate it will be. Plus those 50 were during a blizzard, so I am cutting the Vertec and me some slack...  I know my 92 is very accurate when I do my part.  Plan on more field testing this wknd.

I use my 92 as a CCW gun and was hoping the 96 would replace it.  Which leads me to my question:  anybody make good IWB for the 96FS Vertec?  I checked DeSantis (use a Cozy Partner for my 92) and Kramer (have one of theirs for my Glock 23) but so far no luck.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks, folks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top