Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2005 2:23:30 AM EDT
Started shooting my Beretta 92FS lately and it seems that it may be shooting to the right. The weapon is practically brand new and has been take care of very well, with the exception of falling out of the holster a few times. Is there any reason that it could be shooting to the right, maybe something bent/broken/misaligned? It could be a function of me having small paws and messing up the grip/trigger pull, but I just wanted to see if there was anything mechanical that could cause this type of situation.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:29:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 2:30:20 AM EDT by Lumpy196]

Originally Posted By Ryno_the_wyno:
It could be a function of me having small paws and messing up the grip/trigger pull.

You might be onto something.

... with the exception of falling out of the holster a few times.

I would consider investing in a quality holster.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:05:17 PM EDT

The weapon is practically brand new and has been take care of very well, with the exception of falling out of the holster a few times.

Repeatedly dropping the weapon doesn't really meet my definition of "taken care of very well"...

Perhaps you've knocked the rear sight off center (it's drift-adjustable).

~Dan

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:53:09 PM EDT
Put it in a ransom rest and fire it a dozen or so times, then you will know for sure that it is the weapon and not a bad shooting habit you may have created.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:53:08 PM EDT
None of the impacts hit the sites and gun the gun landed on the carpet from a distance of 2 feet or less, so the sights probably arent damged. If a minor bump can cause this, than every M9 in the service must shoot ten feet to the right. My gun still shoots accurately however, when I missed the rounds were going right, as opposed to left, up or down. I didn't have to aim left to compensate, it just seemed that something might be making the rounds favor the right. If the sights are off, its not by much. I use both a Fobus paddle holster and a Blackhawk drop-leg, so the holster are excellent, as long as you make sure you keep at least one of the safety straps in place. No matter how well you take care of your weapons, accidents will happen, especially when training to use your guns defensively. If my sights are mis-alinged from the factory or from being bumped, how do you adjust them?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:56:46 PM EDT

None of the impacts hit the sites and gun the gun landed on the carpet from a distance of 2 feet or less, so the sights probably arent damged. If a minor bump can cause this, than every M9 in the service must shoot ten feet to the right. My gun still shoots accurately however, when I missed the rounds were going right, as opposed to left, up or down. I didn't have to aim left to compensate, it just seemed that something might be making the rounds favor the right. If the sights are off, its not by much. I use both a Fobus paddle holster and a Blackhawk drop-leg, so the holster are excellent, as long as you make sure you keep at least one of the safety straps in place. No matter how well you take care of your weapons, accidents will happen, especially when training to use your guns defensively. If my sights are mis-alinged from the factory or from being bumped, how do you adjust them?

One.) how do you drop a gun out of it's holster from less than 2 feet high? 2. Just out of curiosity how did you put a retention strap on your fobus paddle holster? I'd like to have one for USPSA so I don't accidently drop mine since if you do, your gone.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:17:31 PM EDT

Small hammer/mallet and a punch that fits the rear sight, all you do is tap it in the direction you want the rounds to go. Not sure about berettas, but 1911's rear sights go in from the right and exit to the right of the slide.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:23:05 PM EDT
Barring a mechanical problem, these three are a good place to start troubleshooting:

Shooter anticipation of noise/recoil
Proper trigger squeeze
Even-pressured grip with strong hand and support hand
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:16:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:54:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By nf9648:
Put it in a ransom rest and fire it a dozen or so times, then you will know for sure that it is the weapon and not a bad shooting habit you may have created.

Or you could just let someone else test fire the pistol thats a better shot.
Top Top