Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2003 6:34:25 PM EDT
I have decided to buy one of these two, but cant decide. Im leaning twords the HK USP. Is magazine capacity for both of these 15, or less? Which one should I get?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Both fifteen rounds. Pre-ban USP magazines are more expensive than pre-ban Beretta magazines (around $70 versus $40). The USP's modular platform is handy if you want to reconfigure to something else (decocker, safety decocker, DAO, etc.). Both have piss-poor customer service and support (I think Beretta's may be marginally better than H&K's). I have both pistols and it would be hard to pin down a favorite between the two for me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
GI parts available for the very nice HK?
Preban magazines?
If you like a platform, maybe mag cap is secondary.
I see nothing "wrong" with either really.
Berettas seem to be more common, meaning you may find one anytime.
Post ban mag cap is 10, which levels the field even though 15 round Beretta mags can still be had for $35-$40 used.
Sorry for thinkin' out loud.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 92F and a USP45.

yes, two different calibers, but I would go with the HK.

The 92 is nice and fun to shoot, but growing up with the 'thumb down' safety off; the HK has my vote over the 92. Also, the safety on the 92 is hard (for me, anyway) to push up with the thumb (I have to make more of an effort).
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I own both although my USP is a .45acp compact. I bought my 92FS used & was prepared to dislike it. I was hugely surprised when I discovered it was wonderfully accurate & fun to shoot. I did have a trigger job on it to smooth it up a good deal.

The USP WILL be the most accurate 9mm you can buy & will hold better value should you ever sell it.

Am I the first to say "buy both?"    

The H&K will be more accurate but the Beretta costs less. Your call.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both. I could not even bring myself to vote in the poll because I could not decide which I would choose over the other.

Personally, I am more accurate with the HK, but the Beretta feels better in my hand.

Good choices...
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I own both too, although the USP is a .40. I am more accurate with the USp but that is because I probably have three times as many rounds through it. It also feels better in my hand than the 92, but I like them both very much. Voted for the HK.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#7]
H&K USP
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I like my Beretta. Never handeled a USP.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:12:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Both awesome guns, I am sure.  Go with the one that feels the best in your hands.  Can't go wrong there.  I have a USP in 40 and love it.  More accurate than I am, and very reliable.  On the downside is the cost of hi-cap mags if you wnat those.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:42:57 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks for all the help. I think Ill be goin with the USP. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm late in the game, but, my pick is the USP. I've had 2 92's and a USP9. While I find nothing in particular wrong with the Beretta, and think its a fine weapon, I think the USP9 is a better one. You would be well served by either.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I have both, like both. I shoot better with the Beretta. I like the fact that preban high caps are more abundant and affordable for the Beretta. The up coming CX Storm (which uses Beretta 92F mags) scores an extra point for Beretta as well. I like my HKs but a paid more for them and hit less with them. Maybe I just need more practice with the HKs. Both are fine sidearms, and you can't go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I too am going to say USP. I have 3.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I've had both, and got rid of the USP.  Ergonomics and trigger, in the end, were not something I was prepared to live with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top