Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 6:25:12 PM EDT
I was looking at getting a 92FS, but then I noticed the Vertec and Elite IA on the website. What is the difference?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:41:54 PM EDT
Vertec has the same angle as the 1911. I believe there aren't any other mods.

An elite is a cleaned up 92fs....the Elite II is the better of them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:18:17 AM EDT
I have both the Elite 1A and 92 FS.

The Elite 1Ahas flat backstrap and is great for those who feel the FS is too bulky. It has a light rail that fits most lights, including the insight/streamlight m3 and m6. The elite also has bigger sights that are easier to see if your raising your weapon in a defensive situation. There is NO safety on the Elite 1A, it is a decocking lever only. The slide is the heavier slide off the brigadier. It also has front cocking serrations, and a skeletonized hammer. The only other Beretta I feel beats the Elite 1A as far as tactical applications are concerned is the 92G-SD.

The standard Beretta is a fine weapon if your looking for a no frills handgun. It is the weapon I carry when hunting/hiking in case I have a run in with a small animal that isn't nice. You can say it's my beater beretta.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:40:21 PM EDT
Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:00:03 PM EDT
No problem.

I just noticed you asked about the vertec as well. I've seen a couple so I know it's much like the 92 FS, except it has the flat backstrap and light rail. It is pretty much the best of both worlds. I also forgot to mention the barrels are different on the Elite 1A and FS are different material. the Elite 1A has a stainless barrel, the 92 i think is carbon steel, but I'm not sure about that. I just know the material doesn't seem to make much of a difference as far as accuracy. They both shoot quite well.
Top Top