Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 2:29:45 PM EDT
at the rear of the slide it seems the bottom on the right side where it meets the rail seems to be flared out a little. you can also feel it if you run your finger down the last serration. however the frame and slide fit perfect together. cant get a pic up now, but has anyone ever heard of this and is this the way it was manufactured? gun has very few rounds through it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]
guess nobody
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You would have to post a picture . On the very bottom edge a slight flare upward is correct at the end of the slide bottom.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Take your slide off your pistol. Now slide it back on, slowly, and watch what happens as that part of the slide meets and travels over the disconnector. This should explain the "Flare"
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
at the rear of the slide it seems the bottom on the right side where it meets the rail seems to be flared out a little. you can also feel it if you run your finger down the last serration. however the frame and slide fit perfect together. cant get a pic up now, but has anyone ever heard of this and is this the way it was manufactured? gun has very few rounds through it.

This is normal....
Sig does this so when you remove and put the slide back on the frame it doesn't get stuck on the Trigger Bar.
Remove your slide slowly and see how the right side just barely squeaks by the top bump of the Trigger Bar.  If they didn't flare it it would get caught up.

MW
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks all so much, i got worried i will try to post a pick just to make sure. but what you say makes sense and the rail-slide fit is perfect
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
i see what you all are saying i'm talking about were the slide and rail meet on the side. if you are holding the pistol as if to shoot it, on the rear right side of the corner of the slide. just at the bottom of the last serration below the frame rail.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i see what you all are saying i'm talking about were the slide and rail meet on the side. if you are holding the pistol as if to shoot it, on the rear right side of the corner of the slide. just at the bottom of the last serration below the frame rail.

Normal see above post
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top