Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:41:24 AM EDT
So whats the story on these things?

Being a huge Benelli fan and loving their shotguns, these little pistols always intrigued me. I assume they are used for competition shooting, correct?

Anybody out there have one? Would love to hear first-hand info from people who shoot them.

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:39:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2012 5:48:25 PM EDT by tangeant]
I've been competitively shooting a Benelli MP90 WC which is the high end version with fully adj trigger and target grips for 12yrs.

Excellent guns and the best bang for the buck ( for a high end target 22 ) and they will shoot right there with the Hammerli's, Pardini's and Walther's at half the cost...

Mounting a dot to one is the only challenge, you have to take a dot off to disassemble. The tip off grooves blow and the weaver/picat is too low. Aftermarket scope mounts suck ass and are uber $. Best alternative is a custom mono ring to fit the wierd weaver like mine or you can modify a Leupold PRW low ring P/N 54144 which is the cheapest and is easy to take on and off without having to rezero the dot..

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:27:08 AM EDT
I shot the Hammerli 280 in college in competition. Our coach had the Benelli MP-90 and I would agree tangeant's sentiments about them being right there with the Hammerlis in all areas but one. The MP-90 would only shoot high-end ammo. If you fed anything less than Eley yellow box through it, it would regularly break firing pins. Other than that the thing was a dream to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:34:25 PM EDT
I have gone through six or seven firing pins in 12 yrs & well over 60k rounds Having a couple of firing pins handy is very wise.

Luckily I have had only two break during a actuall match, they are fairly easy to change out without any tools . I have one of Larry's stainless machined ones in mine now and we will see how long it lasts. I shoot Mil white box Winchester pistol match 50ft & 25yd and Eley Tenex at 50yds, mine likes prettymuch anything but Aguila SV.

If my 90 ever dies I'am going to buy another one.

Top Top