Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 7/13/2008 5:57:53 PM EDT
I'm looking for the best options on holstering my pistol on the bed
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:34:59 PM EDT
Are you stitching a holster to the box frame?

I have seen this done with some cheap nylon holsters.

One thing I tried was some heavy duty Velcro to the wall, didn't work out to well.

I have a dedicated bedside gun extra mag and flashlight, on the nightstand next to my side of the bed.

I don't use a holster for my bedside gun, if I'm responding to a threat in a sleepy stupor the last thing I want to do is have to take off a holster.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 7:11:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Darkside852003:
Are you stitching a holster to the box frame?

I have seen this done with some cheap nylon holsters.

One thing I tried was some heavy duty Velcro to the wall, didn't work out to well.

I have a dedicated bedside gun extra mag and flashlight, on the nightstand next to my side of the bed.

I don't use a holster for my bedside gun, if I'm responding to a threat in a sleepy stupor the last thing I want to do is have to take off a holster.
I'm looking for something that will either go betwee the box spring & matress w/a holster on it for my M&P (not a light gun obviously) or something that will bolt to the bed frame.

I'm a heavy sleeper so having it sit on the night stand doesn't make me feel good. I sleep with it under the pillow next to me right now, but I'll be living w/my gf soon and I don't feel comfy putting a loaded weapon under her head.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:16:36 AM EDT
you dont use your pillow as a holster?
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:30:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:33:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rocksarge:
you dont use your pillow as a holster?

I used to do that years ago when I was still in school. I couldn't afford a place in a nicer area and was very concerned about a break in.  I always thought it was kind of cliche until I found myself doing it!

As an unrelated note, that apartment was the closest I thought I as going to have to shoot someone in my own dwelling.  Someone was trying to open the door late one night... not forceably but they were turning the handle and pushing on the door.  I had my G19 trained on the door from a defenseable position inside of the apt.  Could have been a drunk at the wrong door or it could have been someone looking to rob me.  I'll never know, but whoever it was they were lucky.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 11:30:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 2:01:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By d13s3l:
fastholster.com/
Saw that one, need something for the bed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:25:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:42:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2008 6:44:13 PM EDT by dragonsden7373]
I bought a small Brinks safe that opens by key or electronic keypad at Wal-Mart for about $25.  Big enough for a full size pistol and flashlight with room to spare, and mounted it inside the doors on bottom of my nightstand.  Many smaller pistol safes out there for sale that can be easily mounted to bed or under nightstand......gun under the pillow not good.  Keep it close, but not accessible to intruders. God forbid if you are still sleeping and get confused if the phone rings

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:44:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dragonsden7373:
I bought a small Brinks safe that opens by key or electronic keypad at Wal-Mart for about $25.  Big enough for a full size pistol and flashlight with room to spare, and mounted it inside the doors on bottom of my nightstand.  Many smaller pistol safes out there for sale that can be easily mounted to bed or under nightstand......gun under the pillow not good.  Keep it close, but not accessible to intruders. God forbid if you are still sleeping and get confused if the phone rings

i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk184/dragonsden73/magazines/nightstandsafe.jpg
That won't do me any good
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 12:03:54 AM EDT
http://diamondsentrydistributors.com/

Fits between box springs and top mattress.
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 12:36:42 AM EDT
I have a piece of scrap material that I use. I used a sewing machine to create a pocket for a pistol, as well as a seperate pocket for a spare magazine. There is enough leftover material at the top to sandwich inbetween the box springs and mattress. Since it was made with leftover material and only a few minutes of my time, it hardly cost a thing. Cost of materials was less than $2.00
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 12:46:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By operator81:
http://diamondsentrydistributors.com/

Fits between box springs and top mattress.

I was just searching trying to find that one. Couldn't remember the name of it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 7:32:07 PM EDT
I used an old belt & my Fobus paddle holster. It's not the best for quick draw, but it works.
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 6:59:31 AM EDT
My setup isn't connected to the bed, but it's right beside it. While not as quick as a mattress-holster setup, I can still get to my gear quick. I added some motion activated LED lights so I can see inside in the dark. Both are bolted to my night stand for security.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/2915930885_e108668d77.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3261/2917939316_bc335953c3.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3265/2915967621_354bdc92c1.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/2916827416_f768cc44e7.jpg
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 11:23:02 AM EDT
What kind of boxes are they?
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 4:44:59 PM EDT
Try one of these, looks like a good idea, IF you don't have kids.  I have a Biovault fingerprint safe bolted to bed frame, takes getting use to, proper finger sweep technique, but I think it is onw of the best. I can store up to 50 fingerprints in it, so as kids get older I can add them to it.
http://www.advancedpistolsafes.com/Mattress_Pistol_Holster.html
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:16:21 AM EDT

You don't think you would have the dexterity while rousing from sleep to operate a holster, yet you feel totally confident in handling a loaded firearm and possibly IDing a target and making the determination to fire, and then being able to fire on target?

WTF???

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:40:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SultanOfBrunei:

You don't think you would have the dexterity while rousing from sleep to operate a holster, yet you feel totally confident in handling a loaded firearm and possibly IDing a target and making the determination to fire, and then being able to fire on target?

WTF???

shhhh

his brain is still sleeping
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 3:41:34 PM EDT
I use a blackhawk cqc holster with the paddle attachment.  I place the paddle between the box spring and the frame.  It holds the gun in place and makes it handy for a quick grab if/when you need it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 2:03:55 PM EDT
Try RMholsters, He makes a kydex model that fits between the mattress and boxspring.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 9:41:02 AM EDT
I saw this online the other day, not sure if it fits the requirement or not.

CowboyTacticalGear
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 4:09:53 PM EDT
I have a bed side holster that will accept any full sized auto and most revolvers. It has a 4"x6" super strong velcro sticky patch on 1 side.  Good for smooth surfaces only.  Like a headboard.  Works great .   I will post pictures later.   I paid $ 20.00  for it.    Not quite big enough for a gun with a light attached.   I am gong to make some large ones very soon.     PM  me if interested.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:03:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2008 1:03:59 PM EDT by TrailerGuy]
I keep an inexpensive tactical vest by the bed.  That way my gun, extra mags, flashlight and anything else I need is easy to access.  It beats carrying your extra mags in your underwear!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:28:46 PM EDT
Does your mattress have carry handles on the side?  Depending on how tight they are holster it up IWB style, and use the carry handle as the belt.  Unless your getting after it the sheets will cover the gun, and it won't be noticeable.  To draw just roll over and slip the sheet up...  Viola!
Top Top