Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 7:27:45 AM EDT
Just curious, what's an old ww2 era ( unmolested with aftermarket stuff ) mix n match GI frankengun 1911 worth?   I dont really know why but I really need to buy one.   I figure with my next tax refund I can sneak another gun into the house without the wife noticing

I want one that isnt pretty but hasnt been reblued/reparked/molested outside the .mil and have no clue as to what I'm going to have to fork over to get one.   Worn out but serviceable, it has to go bang!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:47:27 AM EDT
[#1]
$500, maybe?

You can probably get away with one for less, but you'll probably wind up having to replace parts like extractors or something if it's been beat up after it left .mil...

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#2]
5 or 600 IF it has the original finish, even if worn. Lot's of GI 1911s ended up as mix and match guns at some point in their life while still in. It does not hurt that value as bad as it used to. I have a RR/US&S mix&matcher and I would not sell for less then 6 or 7 as it is in good shape besides the obvious mix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top