Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2009 7:19:35 AM EST
I have a couple of 8-rd Wilson Combat mags that like to let the plastic base slide forward when I perform a reload. Anyone else seeing this? Seems like they could be captured better.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:28:51 AM EST
I had it happen to one of my really old mags.

Your options

1 send it back to Wilson, they will fix it.
2. buy a steel or aluminum basepad(I did this and stopped having problems.)
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:01:20 AM EST
your pushing forward while reloading. I have the same problem with wilson magazines that use the polly base pad. I never had a low profile steel one slide forward.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 10:09:28 AM EST
Take a punch and hammer that little tab on the bottom of the little floorplate (the intererior silver colored one) so the tab sticks out further. That worked for me.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 11:01:43 AM EST
Have you taken them apart? There's a small silver tab that goes under the spring that you might have in upside down.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 6:21:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By unclemoak:
Have you taken them apart? There's a small silver tab that goes under the spring that you might have in upside down.

That was my first thought when I saw the thread title.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:43:01 AM EST
It is real easy to send a poly extended basepad down range if you push forward on the mag during a reload, even with the magazines assembled correctly. Good news the mag still functions just fine with the missing basepad.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:36:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By Gregory_K:
It is real easy to send a poly extended basepad down range if you push forward on the mag during a reload, even with the magazines assembled correctly. Good news the mag still functions just fine with the missing basepad.

Unless the small silver thing comes out too.

Dont ask me how I know
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:03:12 PM EST
Thanks for the advice guys. I haven't taken them apart, but will check out the metal base pad option.
Top Top