Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/5/2007 3:03:52 PM EST
I'm considering adding a Beretta 92FS to my collection. I really like the trigger and I shot great groups with one at the range. As far as aesthetics- it's probably my favorite. Not to mention the cheaper prices of 9mm.

One question for folks in the know... I noticed some play between the end of the barrel and the slide when the slide is closed. Is this common? I would think it may affect accuracy, even though my groups were pretty good for me.

Thank in advance!
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 3:44:31 PM EST
Yes, it's common and nothing to worry about. From what I've read over at the Beretta forum, 92's vary as to how much "wobble" there is in a barrel I myself have a M96 that has no play, it shoots great! I also have a 92 compact, an older gun, (1988) and it has some play in the barrel, However, it shoots very well, The play in the barrel dosen't seem to affect accuracy at all. I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:53:16 PM EST

I've had a Taurus PT-92 and a Beretta 92FS and they both exhibit a bit of play here. It doesn't seem to affect accuracy for everyday shooters. I understand that some of those who shoot competition with the 92 have a little extension that screws onto the slide to make the barrel a bit more steady for extreme accuracy.

SP

Top Top