Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2007 4:03:52 PM EDT
I'm considering adding a Beretta 92FS to my collection.  I really like the trigger and I shot great groups with one at the range.  As far as aesthetics- it's probably my favorite.  Not to mention the cheaper prices of 9mm.

One question for folks in the know... I noticed some play between the end of the  barrel and the slide when the slide is closed.  Is this common?  I would think it may affect accuracy, even though my groups were pretty good for me.

Thank in advance!
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it's common and nothing to worry about. From what I've read over at the Beretta forum, 92's vary as to how much "wobble" there is in a barrel I myself have a M96 that has no play, it shoots great! I also have a 92 compact, an older gun, (1988) and it has some play in the barrel, However, it shoots very well, The play in the barrel dosen't seem to affect accuracy at all. I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]

I've had a Taurus PT-92 and a Beretta 92FS and they both exhibit a bit of play here.  It doesn't seem to affect accuracy for everyday shooters.  I understand that some of those who shoot competition with the 92 have a little extension that screws onto the slide to make the barrel a bit more steady for extreme accuracy.

SP

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top