Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2007 3:46:51 PM EDT
I know this was covered in my CCW class, but I can't remember.  Is it ok to carry in a Bar & Grill?  I seem to recall my instructor saying it was based on percentage of sales as to whether or not you could carry.  Could somebody please clarify this for me?
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate it when I hear states have a "certain percentage of sales" law. I think it is ignorant. How the fuck am I supposed to know about their sales percentages.

end rant

It's different from state to state.

My state, Oklahoma, just states I am not supposed to carry in establishments who sell alcohol as their PRIMARY business. This means, according to my CCL instructor/sherriff bars. It doesn't matter if I am in an establishment that serves alcohol as long as it isn't a bar that just happens to serve food.

Check your state at packing.org
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
it's usually the "if you know or should know idea". I michigan i believe its 51% or greater.  use commonsense in that department. if it looks like most people are there to eat rather then drink such as a applebee's you would be good to go in michigan but if it's jo blow's bar and grill that most folk go to drink and they have food for those who get hungry while the drink.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]

For Kansas?  I have no idea.

You may get better answers for your state in that state's hometown forum.

For Virginia, no concealed carry if alcohol is served for consumption.  You must open carry.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#4]
www.ksag.org/concealed_carry.shtml

There's the state AGs website.  It has a list of off limits places, but doesn't mention anything about places that serve alcohol

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
No gun if alcohol is served in TN.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#6]
In MN it is legal if you are .04 or less BAC.  It is different in other states as already mentioned.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#7]
no booze in the blood while CCW in CT.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#8]
No carry in places that serve alcohol for consumption on premises in SC.    Folks have tried to get it changed to include a "fancy restaurants" clause, but last I heard still no go.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
it's usually the "if you know or should know idea". I michigan i believe its 51% or greater.  use commonsense in that department. if it looks like most people are there to eat rather then drink such as a applebee's you would be good to go in michigan but if it's jo blow's bar and grill that most folk go to drink and they have food for those who get hungry while the drink.

Its a confusing situation.  We had a county prosecutor in our CCW class who said the majority of sales needed to be non-booze.  I asked about a pool hall.  He said yes, but good luck keeping concealed while playing.  I expect the same answer would hold for titty bars.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Each state is different. Go to packing.org and find the laws pertaining to your state or call your instructor.
By the way.....notes are a good thing to take so you can review later.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm from KS and my instructor said 51% of the business needs to be non alcohol. He also recommended that you should eat/sit in the restaurant section.
Then again, he also said if you can't tell the difference between the restaurant and the bar, don't carry there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#12]
In tx its 51% and they have a sign to post at the entrance of the place. If its not posted in an obvious place, From what I understood its legal to carry.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#13]
No such restriction in PA.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:52:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
No gun if alcohol is served in TN.

Same in AZ.

I don't care though.  I carry anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top