Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2002 11:24:55 AM EDT
My extractor seems to get in the way when I try to chamber a round. I won't go around the rim of the cartridge and the slide hangs up.

What is the best way to take off the extractor, and what should I do to the piece or spring.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:02:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the extractor the same a regular 1911?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know and that is what worries me. If it is the same I will just go work on it, because I know I can just buy replacement parts if I need to.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't know and that is what worries me. If it is the same I will just go work on it, because I know I can just buy replacement parts if I need to.

Have you not cleaned the gun with a thorough field stripping yet? The back plate comes off by pressing down the protruding pin & sliding the plate down. The firing pin & extractor then comes right out. I write this in case you didn't already this.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks,
I have the extractor out now. I might try to bend it out with just a litle pressure. It looks pretty rigid. I probably will also check who might carry extracters for this .45.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:59:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top