Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2006 1:09:06 PM EDT
Allright, I think this sounds utterly ludicrous, but I wanted to run this by the people here.

I have a guy who says he's a Glock armorer telling me that keeping a round in the chamber of your Glock wears out the recoil spring. I don't see how there is any different interaction with the recoil spring based on the presence of a round in the chamber or not. Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
He's a #@!%&*# dumbass. Don't ever believe a word that comes out of his mouth again. You can tell when he is lying: his lips will be moving.
I agree with ya, but please watch your french in the tech forums
Thanks RobertM
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't see how there is any different interaction with the recoil spring based on the presence of a round in the chamber or not.

There isn't.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Allright, I think this sounds utterly ludicrous, but I wanted to run this by the people here.

I have a guy who says he's a Glock armorer telling me that keeping a round in the chamber of your Glock wears out the recoil spring. I don't see how there is any different interaction with the recoil spring based on the presence of a round in the chamber or not. Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks

So all the LEOs and millitary around the world are keeping thier Glocks unloaded??? I think not, That guy is an asshat, do not listen to him again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Gun make very poor clubs. Without one in the pipe that's what you have.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
He's an armorer?  Usually people like that actually have basic gun knowledge.

No,  you're absolutely right -- the recoil spring has no idea.  The extractor spring could have more stress on it than usual.  Glocks are meant to be kept loaded.  All guns are, as a matter of fact.

Find a new armorer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Sound like one of those guys who thinks he's an expert on everything. I hate those guys. They seem to flock to the local gunstores.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a Glock armorer tell me once that Glocks were rifled all the way to the rear of the chamber.  You can't believe everything they tell you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF? OVER. That guy needs to turn in his little cheapo punch they give you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow!

Just when I thought I heard it all!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#10]
No, it is good to keep the weapon loaded as you are not contniually playing with the weapon which continually exposes you to an unwanted discharge for no reason(other than playing with a gun).
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 4:28:54 AM EDT
[#11]
guy's like that are quick to take advantage of the un-educated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:10:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No, it is good to keep the weapon loaded as you are not contniually playing with the weapon which continually exposes you to an unwanted discharge for no reason(other than playing with a gun).

lol, I keep my weapon unloaded so i can fondle with it as much as possible.

But when I can finally carry a bullet is going to be in that chamber nearly 24/7
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#13]
No ill effects what so ever.

Quoted:
Gun make very poor clubs. Without one in the pipe that's what you have.

Que NME with the deagle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top