Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 12:09:06 PM EST
Allright, I think this sounds utterly ludicrous, but I wanted to run this by the people here.

I have a guy who says he's a Glock armorer telling me that keeping a round in the chamber of your Glock wears out the recoil spring. I don't see how there is any different interaction with the recoil spring based on the presence of a round in the chamber or not. Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:13:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/19/2006 3:33:48 PM EST by RobertM]
He's a #@!%&*# dumbass. Don't ever believe a word that comes out of his mouth again. You can tell when he is lying: his lips will be moving.

I agree with ya, but please watch your french in the tech forums
Thanks RobertM
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:33:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By AGoodDay:
I don't see how there is any different interaction with the recoil spring based on the presence of a round in the chamber or not.

There isn't.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:44:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By AGoodDay:
Allright, I think this sounds utterly ludicrous, but I wanted to run this by the people here.

I have a guy who says he's a Glock armorer telling me that keeping a round in the chamber of your Glock wears out the recoil spring. I don't see how there is any different interaction with the recoil spring based on the presence of a round in the chamber or not. Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks

So all the LEOs and millitary around the world are keeping thier Glocks unloaded??? I think not, That guy is an asshat, do not listen to him again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:47:37 PM EST
Gun make very poor clubs. Without one in the pipe that's what you have.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:50:07 PM EST
He's an armorer? Usually people like that actually have basic gun knowledge.

No, you're absolutely right -- the recoil spring has no idea. The extractor spring could have more stress on it than usual. Glocks are meant to be kept loaded. All guns are, as a matter of fact.

Find a new armorer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:53:13 PM EST
Sound like one of those guys who thinks he's an expert on everything. I hate those guys. They seem to flock to the local gunstores.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:04:18 PM EST
I had a Glock armorer tell me once that Glocks were rifled all the way to the rear of the chamber. You can't believe everything they tell you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:00:43 PM EST
WTF? OVER. That guy needs to turn in his little cheapo punch they give you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:45:44 PM EST
Wow!

Just when I thought I heard it all!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:49:26 PM EST
No, it is good to keep the weapon loaded as you are not contniually playing with the weapon which continually exposes you to an unwanted discharge for no reason(other than playing with a gun).
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:28:54 AM EST
guy's like that are quick to take advantage of the un-educated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:10:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By Rabon:
No, it is good to keep the weapon loaded as you are not contniually playing with the weapon which continually exposes you to an unwanted discharge for no reason(other than playing with a gun).

lol, I keep my weapon unloaded so i can fondle with it as much as possible.

But when I can finally carry a bullet is going to be in that chamber nearly 24/7
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:18:47 AM EST
No ill effects what so ever.

Originally Posted By XD_Fan:
Gun make very poor clubs. Without one in the pipe that's what you have.

Que NME with the deagle.
Top Top