Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/19/2004 4:11:20 PM EST
My father in law and brother in law both have 9mm baby eagles and love them and don't have any problems with them.

I was curious if anyone out there has had any kind of problems or annoyances with theirs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:23:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lumberjack98:
My father in law and brother in law both have 9mm baby eagles and love them and don't have any problems with them.

I was curious if anyone out there has had any kind of problems or annoyances with theirs.

No problems at all, except for a heavy DA/SA trigger on the first pull.After that its sweet in SA. The BE will always be my favorite.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:46:36 AM EST
I love my Jericho 941FB (same thing as a compact baby eagle, except with frame mounted saftey). Trigger has smoothed out alot after some shooting and feels great now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:51:10 AM EST
There's a store here in Houston that sells them for $396. I think that I'll wait until the sunset of the AWB, so I can get some hi-cap mags.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:57:19 PM EST

There's a store here in Houston that sells them for $396. I think that I'll wait until the sunset of the AWB, so I can get some hi-cap mags.

Some CZ/Tanfoglio preban magazines (16 rounders) will fit and work in the full size baby eagles, or Jerichos. The compact Jerichos (B models) and compact Baby Eagles do not have preban CZ mags that will fit, because of a differen't floorplate on the magazine.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:14:40 AM EST
Thanks SO-COM!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:47:34 AM EST
I have a 9mm full size. I've been doing a test to see how many rounds I can run though it (without cleaning it) before I get a misfeed or a jam. I have over 500 rounds through it without a problem. They are extremely accurate for a floating barrel semi-auto. The price is real good too.. :)
I personally think they are a great pistol and I wouldn't trade it for anything (well, maybe a Sig).
- Nealio
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:03:53 AM EST
I got a fulsize baby eagle, it's me go to handgun if I got to go to a hand gun. It's seemed to have developed a slight quark to it though recently, and it only happens when the gun is high in round count and hasn't been cleaned. Every now and than I'll notice that the last shell will not eject clear, but rather it will be sitting on top of the mag with the slide locked back. Usually it happens when I've got about 800-1k through the gun and I haven't cleaned it. In all honesty I think a couple parts are starting to wear. I've personaly got about 8k through this gun and I bought it used and the previous owner said he had about 3k or so through it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:44:52 PM EST
Oh, CDNN has new Baby Eagle Jericho 13 round (compact) and 16 round (full size and 'S' model Jerichos) magazines. I ordered two 13 rounders, should be here soon. I'll post a report of who they are made by, and how well they function.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:22:45 AM EST
Look forward to the report SO-COM.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:26:23 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 3:26:52 AM EST by photoman]

Originally Posted By SO-COM:

Some CZ/Tanfoglio preban magazines (16 rounders) will fit and work in the full size baby eagles, or Jerichos. The compact Jerichos (B models) and compact Baby Eagles do not have preban CZ mags that will fit, because of a differen't floorplate on the magazine.

Hey when you get them let me know if they have the little T inside a triangle, I can't remember if it's on the right or left side of the mag though. The two(fullsize) I got from CDNN before had those markings. Still don't know who makes them though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:08:00 PM EST
I think those are made by Tanfoglio (not positive, just a guess), who are the same people that actually make the frame for IMI/Magnum Research Baby Eagle types. My 10 rounders have this marking as well. Hopefully these full caps have them as well, since the 10 rounders worked flawlessly in my 941FB.

Best of all, getting rid of the pain in the ass it is to load these 10 round magazines. In my opinion they were tighter then my glock 10 rounders.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:09:13 AM EST
The Baby Eagle are great guns!! So great I have all three calibers (9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP) I love the 45 ACP Baby Eagle!! IMI now makes a polymer pistol SP-1s in the same three calibers and they all use the same Baby Eagle magazines!! Wow!! Looking forward to seeing one!!

Cheers
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:21:28 AM EST
Went shooting with the Baby Eagle the other day. It had been about 6 months since I last shot it. I forgot how smooth the action was in it compared to my Beretta 96. WOW! I'm so much more accurate with the Baby Eagle.

Now I just need to save up to go and get one. But with the sunset of the AWB, I'm saving for other "more important" items!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:40:18 AM EST
I'll be running my BabyEagle at a class this weekend. It's a rifle class so there probably won't be much pistol shooting, but I'll post something when I get back from the class.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:11:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By photoman:
I'll be running my BabyEagle at a class this weekend. It's a rifle class so there probably won't be much pistol shooting, but I'll post something when I get back from the class.

Cool, break the mold for what people bring to classes.. I think when I take my CCW class, I will bring my Compact BE. :]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:32:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By SO-COM:

Originally Posted By photoman:

Cool, break the mold for what people bring to classes.. I think when I take my CCW class, I will bring my Compact BE. :]

Did my shooting at the nra pistol instructors course with my baby eagle, same thing though, not a lot of shooting really. But it will still be fun to run it and see how it does with this course.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:17:45 AM EST
Well not much to say about the BE in class we ended up only shooting like 30rds of pistol. I did try doing some shooting at steel with it at 100+ yards, didn't do to well couldn't quite figure out the hold over guns shootng left though.

Anyone know of any after market sights that will work? Would some of the after market sights for the EAA work??
Top Top