Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 10:09:21 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I just removed the mag safety from my FEG hi-power, and the difference in the trigger is beyond words!  While never having experienced a good 2-stage target trigger, this must be close to what one feels like.  There's now a fairly light, smooth take up, followed by a *crisp* break at somewhere around 5-6 pounds.

I followed the instructions at fnhipower.com, and was finished in 30 minutes.  Tools needed were a hammer, small nail, and a wood surface to pound on.

For those that haven't done so yet, and can stomach any possible liability concerns, I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
 Makes a hell of a lot of difference don't it?  I would NEVER carry my HP with that useless thing in it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea, I hear ya, camera.
For no real reason, I prefer to call it a "magazine disconnect" rather that a "mag safety".
That way I can say I removed a disconnect and not a safety device.
Also, I remove the spring and leave the safety in place with the same results but the hole doesn't fill with debris.
Plus, I don't lose the part if it ever had to be reinstalled.
Striker, almost time for another "good" cleaning, isn't it?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know if the Englis even has one...with the mag out (chamber empty)will the hammer drop when the trigger is pulled?
Another reason I leave it in, just removing the spring, is if someone were to look inside, it's in there...the spring musta fell out.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I did the same on my feg-pjk and it made a huge difference as well. mags also drop free. The funny thing though, my other three hipowers (practical, mk3, FM) have decent triggers with the mag safety and my new FN mk3 even drops the mags.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes they have it Gene. A little plunger type part on the back of the trigger group. Has a coil spring inside it.

Yup, maybe your spring will "fall out" someday too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I just replace mine with the Cylinder and Slide wide trigger, sear lever, sear and commander style hammer. Gotta admit, it feels like a different gun after all parts in place with a nice trigger job. I saved all my old parts just in case, but don't think I will ever need them again. Anyone interested in a gold plated trigger here? :-)
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:47:14 AM EDT
[#11]
A gold trigger on a $199 FEG?
Not a bad idea.
Actually, to me, the cost of "losing" the spring, which was free, is a very small price to pay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top