Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 2:34:58 PM EDT
the dang thing?  I pulled up some info from the archives.  It said to remove the disconneter pin from the trigger and the plunger and the spring will come out.  No luck.  Does any one know if I'm doing it right?  Any  tricks to this?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#1]
just pop that pin in the trigger out, then pull out the safety and spring with a pair of needlenose pliers if they dont fly out on their own.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I did that and it comes a little way out then stops.  I can't get it to move.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
lube it up, sounds like you've got a little burr in there so use a bit more force.

is this an FN, FM, KBI, or Browning?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Browning,Belgium made,Portugese assembled.  I will lube it up good and give it a try.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
My spring flew across the room never to be located again

The trigger is much better now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#6]
That pin that holds the mag disconnect can be a REAL bitch to remove.  You will need a HIGH quality punch and probably a ten or twelve ounce hammer.  Put the trigger on a FIRM, FLAT, STABLE surface with a hole under the pin so you can drive it out.  

NOW SMACK THAT PUPPY!!!!!!

OH...you DID remove the rigger from the gun...right?

Just checkin'
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually I didn't remove it from the gun.  The one post in the archives said it could be done w/o removing it.  Was that wrong?

Is there a good diagram on the net to tear it down?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That pin that holds the mag disconnect can be a REAL bitch to remove.  You will need a HIGH quality punch and probably a ten or twelve ounce hammer.  Put the trigger on a FIRM, FLAT, STABLE surface with a hole under the pin so you can drive it out.  

NOW SMACK THAT PUPPY!!!!!!

OH...you DID remove the rigger from the gun...right?

Just checkin'

No shit, I had no problem getting the trigger pin out (and that's the one that is supposed to be the tough one) but that damn pin holding the mag disconnect was a bitch!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Actually I didn't remove it from the gun.  The one post in the archives said it could be done w/o removing it.  Was that wrong?

Is there a good diagram on the net to tear it down?

ETU

Here's a tutoral...

Mag Safety Disconnect removal

Two things to note.
1. He is wrong about the trigger pin. It should be driven out right to left.
2. Some people have noticed that after removing the disconnect, the trigger does not reset as firmly as before. To prevent that, I replaced the trigger spring with a Wolff extra power replacement.

Good luck. Like most things it's not as hard as it may look.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#10]
cgv69..Thanks man!  I will study it carefully before tearing it down.  I have 2 to do.  

I have handled one with the disconnect out, it is a huge difference!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top