Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 5:22:18 PM EDT
   What do you all think of a BHP 9mm for CCW? And what kind of sites do you recomend?
                                      thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Hi-Power that I customized with Cylinder and Slide parts, some custom gunsmithing, and had it done in a two tone finish by Robar. It was a really nice weapon, but I eventually switched back to carrying my GLOCK 19. As much as I liked the Browning, I could never shoot it as well as I could the GLOCK.

After the GLOCKs, a Hi-Power would be one of my top choices as a CCW. It is slimmer and easier to carry than many of the other double stack metal frame pistols. I also prefer a short, consistant trigger, so would choose the BHP over a Beretta, Sig, or S&W.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
High Powers are Great for Carry due to nice triggers and somewhat slim dimensions
1911s are even better due to better trigger and very slim dimensions
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I normally carry a 1911 but on some occasions I have carried the BHP.  In a good holster, they carry as well as the 1911.  I liked the factory sights that came on my MkIII so I'll just keep them as is.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm seriously considering one .  I got to shoot one at the range today and I was suprised . I  shot it better than my glock and HK it just felt at home in my hand. kinda strange How about reliable are these weapon?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm seriously considering one .  I got to shoot one at the range today and I was suprised . I  shot it better than my glock and HK it just felt at home in my hand. kinda strange How about reliable are these weapon?

As far I know they are as reliable as anything else. I love em. If I was gonna buy a 9mm to carry it would be a BHP. They fit my hand just as a 1911 does, like it's an extension of my arm. I've been meaning to buy one anyway. BHP was the first centerfire pistol I ever shot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I do not see a problem with it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Why COULDNT you carry it concealed?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#8]
the BHP is cake to carry. They point perfect, mine has a great trigger, and mine is 100% reliable with anything I stick in it.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Where can I get some good mags at?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Where can I get some good mags at?

Nothings wrong with factory mags.
Mec-Gar mags are good too as they are the OEM to Browning for mags.
A lot of good mags to had for cheap price.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, I carry mine ocassionally myself. Consider they have been used my militaries all over the world and have a reputation as the finest combat pistol of all times you can't go wrong.
The argentine military surplus mags are some of the best and they can be bought for very little. Check out this web sight for all your questions and more.
Pistol questions,
www.hipowersandhandguns.com/index.html
Magazine questions,
www.ont.com/users/kolya/bhpmagfaq.htm
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#12]
BHP is my carry weapon of choice.  Ditched a nice G19 so I can carry what I like and shoot the best.  As far as carrying in summer in the Southern states, I wouldn't...I don't want my BHP to rust.

I got a USPc for summer sweat abuse.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I love my Browning Hi-Power... however, I dont shoot it as well as my CZ-75.  The grip on the CZ is better. But the BHP is easier to conceal. So in the winter, I carry the CZ. In the summer, under a T, the BHP.

BTW, Mec-Gar has some flush fitting 15 round magazines that are very nice. I have two and they function perfectly. The SA military 15 rounders are also nice. Avoid the 17 rounders.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#14]
 Thanks for all the advice I just got a BHP 9mm. Iwent to the range today put about 350 rds through it .Shoots like a dream,this is one of the best feeling AND shooting guns I've ever ownedhisThanks again for all of the advise
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got one in .40 that I carry (I own a few others, as well) every day.  No problems.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#16]
The BHP will do you proud.

It is the best 9mm chambered pistol ever made, IMO!

The stock sights should work just fine.  

I hear the .40 version is pretty swell too but I don't know.
I don't care for the .40.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
   What do you all think of a BHP 9mm for CCW? And what kind of sites do you recomend?
                                      thanks in advance

the High-Power is a great gun!  you do know they make em in .40S&W also..
as a carry weapon its a little heavy, but the way it slims down towards the front makes it comfortable.

My only gripe witht the HP is the crappy trigger... the first thing i would do to my HP's is take the magazine catch outta the trigger making for a much better trigger.

and do you mean sights?  like Ed Brown or Wilson?  Trijicon?
or web sites?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
the BHP is cake to carry. They point perfect, mine has a great trigger, and mine is 100% reliable with anything I stick in it.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/akscott60/BHP1.jpg

Where did you get those grips?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top