Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/7/2004 4:24:35 AM EDT
I am thinking about buying a KelTec Sub 2000 just because I don't have one. What is the legal availability of Glock 17 frames/lowers. I don't see any reason to buy a complete pistol when I'll never use the slide/barrel. How much should I expect to pay? Is this something that my local dealer can order through Glock?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:45:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2004 10:45:45 AM EDT by HardShell]
The Kel-Tec carbines are complete firearms, ready to fire. Are you maybe thinking of the Mech-Tech conversion units that require a lower/frame from your pistol (1911, Glock, etc.)? www.mechtechsys.com/1911.html

Or am I just misunderstanding your post?

FWIW, Kiesler's used to carry/sell Glock pistol frames, but it has been years since I've seen them offered. The first time I saw a Mech-Tech conversion, I kicked myself for not having ordered a couple of the Glock frames back when they were available...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:25:11 AM EDT
Thanks for the reply but I was mixing up the guns I was thinking about. I thought the Kel Tec needed a lower frame. At $350 or so that seems to be a good deal. I might have to pick one up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:44:27 AM EDT
No problem. We have an older K-T SUB9 that takes S&W mags (my wife's) and a SUB2000 that takes Glock mags (mine). We have not had a problem with either carbine & they have both been shot quite a bit. The current SUB2000s are considerably less expensive than the old SUB9s were and are an excellent value IMHO. I have seen them around here for as little as $299 + tax on occasion.
Top Top