Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2010 7:39:00 PM EDT
Put it back together without the spring and guide rod, now finding it difficult to take down again - what is the proper fix for this?

I figured it must happen now and then - but not to me.  So, a little help please.

Thanks for any help.

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
You just need to push the back of the slide with your thumb to get everything lined up as if the spring was pushing the slide forward.  Once the slide is in the same position it would be if the recoil spring was there, you can pull the trigger and take it apart as normal.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure it is unloaded.  Pull the slide all the way to the rear.  Push the slide all the way to the closed position and hold it there against the spring pressure the striker has against it.  Pull the trigger as normal.  Move the slide rearward just enough to lower the takedown lever and pull the slide forward.

The whole trick is to get the trigger bar contact point behind the striker contact point so the slide can move forward and pass it.

ETA:  Too late.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:30:47 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a video of this on you tube explaining the fix.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:54:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Guys.  Using the techniques you gave me did the trick.  Pulling the slide forward at just the precise place and moment -  worked the first time.

Thanks again to all - shows the awesome power of this forum.

Boardhead
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top