Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2003 6:26:33 PM EDT
I bought a G22 (first Glock) and installed an Aro-Tek extended magazine release.  It's a huge improvement over the stock part, but it seems to be made out of metal (the original part feels like plastic).

I got a bunch of postban mags, and I've been using them for practice and competition (maybe 500rds so far).  I noticed there's some wear on the magazines at the bottom of the notch.  I assume that's due to the metal/plastic contact.  Is it anything to worry about?

thanks,
jafager
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:12:02 PM EDT
Inspect your mags on a regular basis.  An option is to use a factory mag release for a G20/21 if you need an extended release.  No worrying about chewed up mags.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:58:00 PM EDT
I've got this same mag release on my G23.  I had it installed about 8 years ago.  All 3 of my mags are showing some damage to the notch area, but they are all still working perfectly.  Hopefully the AWB will be gone, and standard capacity Glock mags will be plentiful and cheap again.

I'm not terribly worried about my mags and the metal mag catch, not after 8 years of perfect service.  The BATFE says that pre-ban mags can be rebuilt with any year magazine tube, but I don't think Glock is offering tubes in order to do this.  I wish they would, as all my pre-ban mags are NDF.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:58:51 PM EDT
I agree with Chris. Use the G21 mag catch.
Top Top