Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 4:31:05 PM EDT
I'm not really into buying clone guns but I was wondering how these guns are compared to the Brownings.  Reliability, Accuracy, etc.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one as a "gift."
A dumbass left it on the porch after I deployed...

Shoots well, nice hi cap, feels good.  If it didnt look so damn crappy (but it really doesnt) then I would love it more.  
It is my SHTF pistol inside my rifle case....
ETA: just wish I could find 5$ mags......
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:45:08 AM EDT
[#2]
CDNN has the real deal FN marked Hi-Powers for a smokin price. I've heard they are getting low so you had better hurry if you want the real thing. A buddy had one of the Argentine FM Hi-Powers and it shot good and looked good, but for almost the same money why not get the real deal.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:48:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I recall the first gunshow I attended after I moved to Miami in '94.  A dealer had crates of them for sale.  $150 each.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:00:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
CDNN has the real deal FN marked Hi-Powers for a smokin price. I've heard they are getting low so you had better hurry if you want the real thing. A buddy had one of the Argentine FM Hi-Powers and it shot good and looked good, but for almost the same money why not get the real deal.

Unfortunately, CDNN will not ship a handgun to MD.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:16:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got an older sport arms import FM hi power, shoots great, pretty accurate, the only real downside is that the slide to frame fit is fairly loose.  the trigger was total crap until I took the mag safety out, and it now has a pretty nice trigger.  I got it for $250 and it was worth every penny if you ask me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have one but everything I have heard says they are very goodeven if the fit/finish is not up to Browning standards.
I do have a few of the Argentina mags for my BHP and they do work just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top