Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2017 1:43:15 PM EST
Or at least to the Blue Label program??

I'm expecting another GSSF Pistol coupon a little later this year, I'm getting antsy for another Glock BUT if we're expected to get the M's later I'll hold off until they release them. It's just that, as far as I can tell, little info about either a public release or the fate of the M series in general is out there. Do we know the scoop on these and whether or not Glock is going to release them for individual sale?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:59:53 PM EST
Originally Posted By GatMo:
Or at least to the Blue Label program??

I'm expecting another GSSF Pistol coupon a little later this year, I'm getting antsy for another Glock BUT if we're expected to get the M's later I'll hold off until they release them. It's just that, as far as I can tell, little info about either a public release or the fate of the M series in general is out there. Do we know the scoop on these and whether or not Glock is going to release them for individual sale?
View Quote

Glock reps told me a week ago they didn't know when they would be released, but said eventually, they would be.

Also said most parts would not be interchangeable with current Glock generations.

Who knows how much of this holds water though. I don't see the big deal with them myself. I remove the finger bumps on all my glocks myself which is my biggest gripe with glocks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 2:04:14 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hemiman:

Glock reps told me a week ago they didn't know when they would be released, but said eventually, they would be.

Also said most parts would not be interchangeable with current Glock generations.

Who knows how much of this holds water though. I don't see the big deal with them myself. I remove the finger bumps on all my glocks myself which is my biggest gripe with glocks.
View Quote
These right here. Eventually means anything from tomorrow to 4 years from now. The finger grooves being gone from the factory are the only advantage for ME about the "M" series. Your milage may vary.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:15:22 AM EST
I'm still waiting for all of those guys who claimed to have had them to come back and post pictures. Only one or two members have posted pics, but they weren't the ones bragging
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:25:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By cone256:
I'm still waiting for all of those guys who claimed to have had them to come back and post pictures. Only one or two members have posted pics, but they weren't the ones bragging
View Quote
+1 lots of Threepdog Sheepercenters making claims round these parts.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:45:30 AM EST
I would not expect them till at least 2018. Plus Glock has to milk the FS line then a FS MOS line before they release an M then followed by a M FS then a M FS MOS.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:38:57 PM EST
What I find interesting is that there appears to be two different frames used in the "M" series from the pics floating around. Just a guess, but the "M" series (flared mag well, front magazine cutout) won't be sold to the public. Instead, they'll release the Gen 5 (no flared mag well or mag cutout) with identical internals as "M".

("M" on top, "Gen 5" on bottom)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:27:39 PM EST
With the exception of a rail for a light I can stick with my gen 2 just fine. I guess if the m is released and I win a gssf prize certificate at a match
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:57:13 PM EST
The only reason I see to be "hyped" about the gen5 / M, is the ambi slide stop option. The finger grooves don't bug me at all. As a left handed shooter, I'll be replacing my G19 when this new generation is out.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:55:44 PM EST
"Also said most parts would not be interchangeable with current Glock generations."

-- If I remember correctly it was just the G43 safety plunger (and maybe the trigger spring and housing) that was different and wouldn't interchange. The Recoil spring assembly was different (longer?) but not sure if it'd interchange with gen3 or gen4s. Anyone seen the insides know what parts they're talking about?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:50:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By tct1000:
What I find interesting is that there appears to be two different frames used in the "M" series from the pics floating around. Just a guess, but the "M" series (flared mag well, front magazine cutout) won't be sold to the public. Instead, they'll release the Gen 5 (no flared mag well or mag cutout) with identical internals as "M".

("M" on top, "Gen 5" on bottom)
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/271151/gm-234941.JPG
View Quote
If they don't sell the flared magwell version, I don't want it.  That was one of the 2 reasons I wanted a M series.  The other reason was the ambi slide release.  Don't care either way about the finger grooves.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:17:40 AM EST
The key word is "eventually"

Honestly the way I see it is Glock is borderline like HK...except they tolerate you. 

Glock might honey dick you, where as HK will tell you to piss off. 

....after all Austria is like Germany-South 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:54:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
If they don't sell the flared magwell version, I don't want it.  That was one of the 2 reasons I wanted a M series.  The other reason was the ambi slide release.  Don't care either way about the finger grooves.
View Quote
I WANT the fingerless grip but definitely the flared magwell as well, ambi isn't a big deal to me. Those two features plus the fact that it's an FBI gun are the reasons I want one. Whenever they release the suckers...
Top Top